What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
72.PNG

1918 Gillette Thin Cap Old Type / vintage Mohawk "SuperFine" carbon blade (1 and done) / Stirling Ozark Mountain / Pinaud Clubman AS / I got 3 shaves with the last one, and maybe it was the razor, but this one was a lot of tug, so I binned it afterward. If nothing else, the old carbon blades force me to focus more than a modern blade which can cover for a lot of technique mistakes--kind of like winter driving with all-wheel drive, anti-lock brakes and traction control...
I've tried a couple of the carbon blades and I'm not a fan.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Timeless Bronze/SS polished scalloped .95 SB baseplate w/BIC Chrome Platinum Blade, E1860 EVO Omega synthetic fiber shaving brush , Stirling Electric Sheep shave soap, Osma alum block, Thayer's Witchhazel facial toner non alcohol

that sample of Electric Sheep...wow, REALLY good shave I got using that one, ordered a jar with some more BIC blades from Maggard's as that soap/blade combo have been consistent winner's with me regardless of razor

Merkur 23c
Bic Chrome Platinum (1)

I have a habit of testing out new blades on my Merkur before I drop them into my Gillette tech or blue tip. I have found that they Merk is more forgiving and will give me a warm up period for the blade. I dont judge a blade until I use it in one of my Gillette's. That just seems fair.

It might not make a difference but it makes me feel better I guess.

Top Bottom