What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

PAA Open Comb Slant with a Treet Carbon Steel (Black) blade. Really excellent shave. I had a week or more of beard growth and decided I wanted to shave with no prep, not even a splash of warm water. Lathered up TOBS Sandalwood, got an effortless BBS with zero irritation. Okay, I'm not going to lie, it struggled to take off my mustache hairs during the first pass (my beard hairs are like stainless steel needles lol). But with perseverance I successfully sliced through. I have a spiral pattern on my neck that I struggle to shave with some razors, sometimes the razor starts scraping and digging into my skin, leaving me with weepers. With the OC Slant, however, it cut through like nothing (without my needing to slavishly adhere to directly shaving WTG). The slanted head provides an exceedingly comfortable shave with zero irritation. The razor is efficient without feeling "bitey" like some more aggressive razors. I finished with Clubman.

Last edited:
Rockwell 6C, R5!, Boots (= Personna?) 4.

I wielded it with complete (ignorant) confidence, because I thought I was using an R4 plate. I'd forgotten that I had cleaned and reassembled it last night with the R5.

I must say it was a nice enough shave; zero nicks or blood, no feeling of aggression, and the only reason it didn't qualify as a BBS was because of that hard-to-shave Fu Manchu Zone, which no other razor has ever fixed properly, either. It was certainly a DFS.

The Rockwell plate system might as well be designed to get timid shavers to escalate blade gaps... maybe the R6 experience is next, and will finally sort out my FMZ. ;)

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Gillette ball end gold NEW Long Comb / Derby Extra (2)

DSCF0160 - Edited.jpg

Top Bottom