What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
US gold Aristocrat + Derby

full

RR Hawk V3 A plate. DFS but got a good nick under my nose from it. I cut my mustache off for a change. Had it most of the past 40 years and forgot how to shave my upper lip and new to the AC razors. Alum bar fixed it up easy. and the mustache is growing back to save my upper lip! :laugh:
Schick Proline (2)
Stirling Glacial pre-shave soap
Arko!
Snake Bite + Duke Cannon Ice Cold

Greencult GC 2.0 Plate IV / Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum
View attachment 1623553
I have a beef with the GC 2.0. But it gave me a wonderful, perfect shave.

It's visual. And haptical. I know, I am shallow. Ask my wife.
1.) It's not machined or polished, it's bead-blasted. No matter how much better supposedly satinized sounds, it's a finish I don't like.
2.) The handle is heavy, thick and short, it doesn't appeal to me either. It could at least have been Mjolnir-sized to appease me.
3.) There is still no fitting stand for it, afaik.

But, despite all these misgivings, this thing shaves very, very nice.

FYI: @ClumsyBull @Shaun asleep @Medivh it seems trailrunning improves my shaving technique or dulls my pain receptors.
I am sure it's the latter :D The brisk air and the exposure to the elements have toughened up your skin. Just look at Paul Hogan in Crocodile Dundee...

Cream: Cremo original
Razor/Blade:
Head - High Proof w/ Astra SP
Face/Neck - Muhle R89 head and R94 handle w/ Astra SP
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - Proraso Green
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive

full

10/10

A very good shave. Felt great afterwards. I really like the R89 with the scalloped bar. Very mild and non-irritating. Not very efficient but the extra touch ups doesn't cause irritation or weepers.

And I finally did it. I got the hairs right above my ear with the high proof. I really like this razor for head shaving. I have full confidence in attacking my head with it like I can with my Mach 3.

Top Bottom