What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Gillette Rocket Flare Tip - Schick Ultra (3)

IMG-4686_DSC_4686 (4).JPG

Yes, they even state it on their page. "The 0.78mm blade gap is our most aggressive razor"

For the Slim it is "This is an aggressive razor but with the right touch it provides a smooth efficient shave", and I would dare to say it is their most efficient razor. The .78 has a different style and blade feel.

I am pretty sure there were some people who thought "ah, 0.5, it must be milder than .68!"
I guess these quickly return and are later sold under Scratch and Dent.
Iridian, I bet you are right.😊👍

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Tatara Masamune Nodachi OC / Feather
TMNOC.jpg

Tatara Masamune Nodachi are not offspring of golf balls. That's just absurd. They are grown from phalenopsis orchids planted in special dimpled flowerpots.

The Nodachi often gets paired with the Masamune handle when people want a smaller/shorter handle. Some also fear it would be slippery due to the small, dimpled area compared to the fully dimpled Masamune handle.

No worries: the satin matte coating itself is very grippy, the small dimples don't provide the grip, it's the coating and the shape of the handle itself. You might notice that it is like a Futur handle with the indent at this place. The upper part goes deeply inside the head, which seems to give some benefits according to Tatara, but I couldn't quite follow their reasoning.

The Tatara razors come with Feather blades by default, so I used one for this shave, too. The OC is more efficient but also adds some blade feel, I somehow like the looks and feel of the scalloped SB bar a bit more, quite contrary to my usual habits to prefer open combs in general.

This is a very smooth razor, but unlike the Masamune (without Nodachi) it has positive blade exposure (+0.13 mm for both OC and SB vs -0.10 - -0.13 mm for Masamune SB-OC. MINUS/NEGATIVE for the Masamune!). So yes, it has blade feel. Efficiency is good, but I would love some more. Tatara puts smoothness and safety first.

Top Bottom