What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Gillette Fatboy / Gillette Rubie Plus
20220720_142518.jpg

I used a Feather blade in a '73 Tech this morning. I've read that the newer Tech's are a milder shave than the older ones. I'd have to agree, this one has a bit less blade feel than the older pre-war(?) '38-'45 Tech I used a couple of days ago. Maybe not as efficient either, but not bad. I do like the knurling on the handle on this one, too.

6257F197-5C89-4C5E-A872-2262944C4482.jpeg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Friday August 5, 2022
Razor: Wunderbar
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Brush: Omega 10005
Soap: OH Peppermint Trip

First shave in a year, in the freshly renovated Lather Pit! I'm trying to find an angle that will let me take a picture of it -- it's literally too tight to photograph if I'm in there. Man. Being all spread out in the "Lather Pit West" for a year was nice. I have to relearn the habit of leaning left when shaving on the right and vice versa. I kept banging my elbows on the walls; not a good thing when using the Wunderbar but I managed a DFS.

O.H.

Gillette SC NEW / vintage Wilkinson Sword (5) / Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill / AV Splash — I prefer the NEW Short Comb over the Long Comb and I probably haven’t used this one since OCtober, but I got my closest, smoothest shave with a NEW, a two pass (WTG-ATG) BBS This morning.

Top Bottom