What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Gillette Aristocrat/GSB

20220505_064236.jpg

First shave with the SS Blackbird, new Feather blade. I've previously owned and shaved with the Ti Blackbird and ultimately decided it was too mild for me, but based on feedback from Shane and the rest of the love this razor gets, I figured it was worth giving the SS version a try. First shave was nice. The tolerances on this razor were so tight I actually had a bit of trouble getting the blade/top cap/bottom cap to fit together initially. Very little to no blade feel and I had to use a bit more pressure than I am accustomed to with my more aggressive razors. The razor feels great in my hand. Overall, a nice shave. May still ultimately prove a little too mild for my tastes, but I looked forward to a few more shaves with this.
Blackbird 050522.JPG

1912 Improved Ever Ready British made / GEM Personna Stainless Steel (4)
IMG_20220505_171625182.jpg

I thought I would have a nice close shave so I broke out the SE Ever Ready 1912.

Very efficient and very close 3 passer, as always completely blown away by the performance of these old war horses. To my mind probably more efficient that any DE razor I've got - apart from the Piccolo and Otto Roth OC's - although I enjoy the design and user satisfaction of them all.

The usual SR-like result, which should keep me 'socially acceptable' till at least Saturday night. Though I never have been, thinking about it.

Mrs. Ladd very smartly made me up a tough fibre pouch to store SE blades in use. It even has a press stud closure. Nice one.

A genuinely glassy-smooth BBS result.

Top Bottom