What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Razor: Gillette 1947 Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette Permasharp green

IMG_9257.JPG

Razor EJ DE89L- My very 1st DE razor
Blade Feather Hi-Stainless - My very 1st DE blade and also the most in stock!
The shave with my very 1st DE razor/blade brought back some memories...hahaha. Haven't used this pairing for a loooong time. Oh my...it was silky smooth yet crisply sharp, like a hot knife thru butter. Very comfortable 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish.
20211125_185203 (2).jpg

Fatip Picollo SE + bras handle
Astra Superior Stainless (80)
P1140021.JPG

A few words after 80 uses of the same blade the first pass - the blade does not seem to cut the beard (if we do not experience, we give up the blade!) second pass - everything is ok. I can almost go out into the world. the third pass- wonderful. almost well shaved. small tweaks - great, close to BBS (8.5 / 10) the sensation after shaving - great. No cuts, no irritations, everything is ok.

In this experiment of mine I noticed that a one-day beard is easier to cut than a 4-5-day one, daily shaving does not affect the skin of the face (for me), the soap used does not matter much if it does not irritate the skin is ok used hand soap and hair conditioner with equally good results), the blade should be kept out of the appliance clean and dry in a little toilet paper, from time to time I pulled the blade through the cork. the appliance was kept clean and dried daily. They are all like us and last only a few extra seconds daily. I frothed in the bowl. It is very important to successfully pair the device blade. The Start 0.9 Homelike and Ikon Slant device work well for me.

So after three passes with this blade, I got a more than decent shave, without irritations and without cuts.
Question - throw this blade or move on?
I honestly got bored of it and I still have over 500 blades.

Top Bottom