023_23.jpg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Wednesday November 24, 2021
Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Brush: Omega boar
Soap: Yardley

Kind of a narrow window to shave in this morning; had to take my wife into town for medical appointment. But with focus and a nice slick lather, achieved a decent DFS as usual and we were out the door shirt-tails flappin'.

Got a little distracted when the Dachshund of the Baskervilles decided to roundly tell off an impertinent bird on the deck. Was just getting ready for the first WTG pass on the back of my head. Poked my face out and decided the house wasn't on fire, went back to work. Picked up the razor and shaved the right side. Wow, it doesn't usually seem to work that hard getting through a couple days worth of hair.

Oh. Right. Works better with soap. But you know? Zero irritation and good reduction. Won't do that again if I can help it, but good to know. Did I say "...with focus"?

Har, har.

O.H.

Warmest Thanksgiving wishes to all!!
Razor RR GC.84 SB with Yaqi Razzo Rocket SS Handle - very nice! (Unbelievable price)
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 1st Use
The new stainless handle quality is great. Fits perfectly with the GC.84 post. Solid, good grip and the rocket fin-like end is awesome in hand. Overall an excellent handle...hmmm...perhaps better than my fav barber pole now. The shave paired with the blade was just super. Super smooth, comfortable, and efficient in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish.
20211124_200639.jpg

Top Bottom