What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Carbon Cx-Ti .71 V1. Soft and effective.
0A5930F8-1ADD-40AA-882A-EC93387D665F.jpeg

Oct 15th: OC Shave #12 of 12 for the month

Timeless 95 OC SS / Rapira Plat Lux (6th)
Dove +Men Pre-Shave
Stirling Electric Sheep / Omega 49
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Halston Z14 AS
Nivea Post-Shave Balm
Halston Z14 Cologne/EDT

Results: Glass smooth BBS in 3 Passes, treating myself to some pre-shave to further soften the whiskers after the morning shower. Going out with the wife after work, and need the face smooth through the evening.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Blackland Blackbird Safety Bar x Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum (Black)
Cella Crema Da Barba All'Olio di Mandorla (because today every item has a long name…)
Old Spice Slugger

Early shave for me today, but yesterday I was so tired I forgot shaving.

Extremely cushioned blade, the first shave with it could use a bit more sharpness, particularly with the Blackbird SB. Unlike the Blackbird OC this one requires some corrections after ATG/WTG passes, but they are all pleasant and the razor is easy to use. After the shave I had zero irritation, I didn't feel getting a hit from the alcoholic "Slugger" after shave.

Now both Blackbird OC and SB are outstanding, you might guess it… Shane, owner of Blackland, just has to say "Blackbird DC/dual comb" and my thrown wallet might knock him out a second later.

Next shave: Presumably Wunderbar + Gillette 7 o'clock Black. I am curious how this other favorite razor of mine does with the Gillette Super Platinum. I suspect it might rather ask for a BIC or Feather, but let's see!

Top Bottom