What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

1908 Gillette Single Ring / German Wilkie (?) / AoS Sandal Wood Pre-Soap-Balm -- I'm on the fence w/AoS--I love the scent, but the after shave face feel seems sticky/over moisturized to me and the balm just adds to that (it also causes any weepers to open up). I believe I'm sensitive to some of the ingredients as I always have a lot of redness everywhere no matter how many passes I do, even on my cheeks which are tough enough that I could shave w/broken glass. I've kept it because it's expensive (not in a good way), and I like the scent and the cool wooden bowl, but I'll pass it on to my son who's in town this weekend (keeping the bowl though) as I don't think it agrees with my skin.

Wizamet W-11 Elegant & Astra SP (1)
B B.jpg

Ming Shi 2000s @5 / Shark Platinum
Second use of the blade and I intentionally switched from 6 to 5. Noticed some harshness and a propensity to bite on the first shave. The coating has gone and is has actually become even harsher, sharpess is definitely there. So I will agree with @Multum in parvo here. He said he did not like the Platinum. Definitely not buying more. I only got this one.

Top Bottom