What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Surely a new razor calls for new blades! 😂

Top tip for the FaTip, try and avoid blades with glue dots (at least big glue dots) as they often require a bit of blade maneuvering to get the alignment right and the glue makes this trickier.
Thanks for the ‘tip’ - hopefully it arrives tomorrow! 😁

New blades for a new razor - now that’s an interesting concept that’s very worthy of careful thought... 🤔🤔🤔

Had small hope Yaqi would have added them to the aniversary Ali shop but nope it will stay on the wish list... maybe a katana.....
Yeah...too bad it's unavailable. I don't understand why they don't ensure enough stocks...I have the Katana too and I found it not really to my liking, perhaps need to use it more. This anniversary sale is alright but not as much discount as the "LIVE" sale show every Friday...I missed snatching a few times USD$2 brushes including the new Atlantis and Everest...including the 50% offer...hahaha

Yeah...too bad it's unavailable. I don't understand why they don't ensure enough stocks...I have the Katana too and I found it not really to my liking, perhaps need to use it more. This anniversary sale is alright but not as much discount as the "LIVE" sale show every Friday...I missed snatching a few times USD$2 brushes including the new Atlantis and Everest...including the 50% offer...hahaha
Well the se razors are more a wanna as needda have. Leaf twig is also in the bucket list.
And might wanna Yaqi heavy metal silver tip for a rock bottom price. A little bit spoiled since seeing zeniths brass version, a brass rs-400 and a wood and brass rs-400.
😂 now waiting impatient on the occam Oren and some blades to use it.

Gillette Slim 1968 N2, setting 4
Gillette Platinum (4)
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Is that live sale show on Ali expres or on the Yaqi Australian website?
Thanks in advance

Ps be happy with you having two good ac razors the reason there are not many seems to be production issues giving misaligned heads (fb Yaqi group). And they seem to be working on the problem. Pretty sure there will be a version 2 soon.

Last edited:
Is that live sale show on Ali expres or on the Yaqi Australian website?
Thanks in advance
Ps be happy with you having two good ac razors the reason there are not many seems to be production issues giving misaligned heads (fb Yaqi group). And they seem to be working on the problem. Pretty sure there will be a version 2 soon.
The "LIVE" show is only at Aliexpress usually Friday between 1530pm/1600pm for 60-90mins. There's no real confirmation it's gonna be held and always happened suddenly...hahaha. FYI, it can be frustrating trying to snatch offers and never hesitate.
Of my 2 Yaqi AC razor, the brass has a misaligned thread post but minor issues and still can give very good shaves. As the owner of a few vintage razors and Fatip...a bit of misalignment is no worries at all... 😅😆 The AC razors I got it for a very cheap price anyway...a good introduction to AC style shaving.

The "LIVE" show is only at Aliexpress usually Friday between 1530pm/1600pm for 60-90mins. There's no real confirmation it's gonna be held and always happened suddenly...hahaha. FYI, it can be frustrating trying to snatch offers and never hesitate.
Of my 2 Yaqi AC razor, the brass has a misaligned thread post but minor issues and still can give very good shaves. As the owner of a few vintage razors and Fatip...a bit of misalignment is no worries at all... 😅😆 The AC razors I got it for a very cheap price anyway...a good introduction to AC style shaving.
Rofl 🤪 if my work allows it I will take a peek at that time (where I live it is now 16:27 local so it is 6 hrs ahead).
Nah the shots I have seen showed a head which had the central locking slit askew for a millimeter. Which is a bit like shaving with an empty razor and a butcher knife in one pass. I had that with my first qshave futul when it did not lock properly not recommended.

Muhle Rocca Jet w/Personna blue blade, Simpsons Persian Jar PJ2 Best Badger brush, Stirling Scots Pine Sheep soap, Osma alum block, Thayer's Cucumber/Witchhazel facial toner non alcohol

First time using a Personna blue...now I see what the fuss is about with these things, nice and smooth! Also a first with Scots Pine Sheep from Stirling in my quest for new "fourth" in my soap lineup between B&M and Stirling...scent is very "so so" but still a stellar performer.

Top Bottom