What's new

What razor blade did you use today? How many days?

Timor - 1
IMG_4325.jpg

Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Feather Stainless 1st
Shave with razor paired with the blade was excellent! Sharp, smooth, and comfortable Blade plays the lead role for today.
20210121_113222.jpg

I can't speak for @coolcanuc, but I can explain why I think I get such a long time out of my blades. There are three reasons, the first is that I don't shave that much of my face (that's me in the picture), the second is that I have very sensitive skin and quite fine hair and the third is that one of the qualities of the Bic platinum blades is that they're not the sharpest to start off with but they maintain the sharpness they have for a very, very long time. This isn't just anecdotal evidence, I read a long scientific paper comparing razorblades which looked at, amongst other things, how sharp they were to start with and then how quickly that sharpness degraded and, if I remember correctly, feathers were super sharp to start with but degraded very quickly whereas the Bics were medium/sharp to start with but stayed that way for a very long time.

Thank you. Yes, someone else on EXCALIBUR recommended the BIC platinum blades as well. Will give them a try once my current stash finishes..I just ordered 100 GSB blades, so it might only be in a few years.

Like you I probably don't have the toughest of beards to shave. I do shave 6 of 7 days typically and feel that my skin is more normal than sensitive. I find that a light touch, good form on the shallower angle side and a good lather go a long way. Cold water has helped me with skin irritation and rinsing the blade under cold water when done also seems to have helped me enjoy longer runs with various blades.

Thank you for the advice! Still refining my technique...I will get there :)

Top Bottom