What's new

What razor blade did you use today? How many days?

Shave 4.

Pers Med Prep blade.jpg

Wilkinson Sword, Germany (1)
As a new guy I must say that the gentle nature of these blades made me like it at first, but I found it too dull today. Yes safe, but too many strokes. Not my best shave today. Weepers against the grain under the nose.....I don't usually go against there. And didn't catch everything on the neck, I didn't want to over press.

Ok, I know I'm a noob...but 83?! Am i missing something here?
No. No you're not. I found out some time ago that I can't get a comfortable shave using a blade once or twice. Personally I have found that most blades are at there best, for me, from about 6 to 30ish shaves. YMMV. I do find that the shave quality drops slightly after that and is pretty consistent up to about the 100 shave mark. This is the point that I do change the blades out. I did use one up to about 120 or so shaves once, I don't remember what the make of the blade was, and found that the shave quality was not for me. @Cyanshine provided some great advice that we all need to follow.

Just enjoy the shaves and remember it's not a contest. We are all different. Happy New Year.

Top Bottom