What's new

What razor blade did you use today? How many days?

Thank you. Yes, someone else on EXCALIBUR recommended the BIC platinum blades as well. Will give them a try once my current stash finishes..I just ordered 100 GSB blades, so it might only be in a few years.
I worked out that I'm averaging 52 shaves a blade on my Bics, still haven't finished the hundred that I bought many many years ago :)

• Haha
Reactions: KJI
Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (9)
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I can't speak for @coolcanuc, but I can explain why I think I get such a long time out of my blades. There are three reasons, the first is that I don't shave that much of my face (that's me in the picture), the second is that I have very sensitive skin and quite fine hair and the third is that one of the qualities of the Bic platinum blades is that they're not the sharpest to start off with but they maintain the sharpness they have for a very, very long time. This isn't just anecdotal evidence, I read a long scientific paper comparing razorblades which looked at, amongst other things, how sharp they were to start with and then how quickly that sharpness degraded and, if I remember correctly, feathers were super sharp to start with but degraded very quickly whereas the Bics were medium/sharp to start with but stayed that way for a very long time.

Interesting. I find the razor makes a difference, too. If I use a Feather in a more aggressive razor I can get at most three shaves with it. However, in a mild razor such as the Feather AS-D2 I get up to 12 shaves with a Feather blade.

Interesting. I find the razor makes a difference, too. If I use a Feather in a more aggressive razor I can get at most three shaves with it. However, in a mild razor such as the Feather AS-D2 I get up to 12 shaves with a Feather blade.
I guess it makes sense that a more aggressive angle is likely to blunt the blade more quickly. It takes me 12 shaves to blunt the Bic enough so that it's comfortable to use.

Interesting that you see a difference between a more aggressive and milder razor with respect to blade life. That might be why I feel that switching from mild razor to a more aggressive one seems to give an older blade a new lease on life. Interesting observation.

Top Bottom