What's new

What razor blade did you use today? How many days?

Rockwell blade, 2, in a vintage Hoffritz Slant. An excellent razor for me, but on Saturday the blade gave me far too much blade feel. On the off chance that I'd neglected to tighten the razor down when I loaded the blade last week, thus giving a much more aggressive shave, I repeated the shave this morning, 48 hour beard, same conditions, soap et al. The first pass was unpleasant.

I tossed the blade and loaded a Rapira Super Stainless. The two are not directly comparable; the Rapira went to work on a beard that had already been reduced, while the Rockwell was tackling a full 48-hour set of bristles. But passes 2 and 3 went much better.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Astra SP (1) :001_wub:
002_20.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Sept 14th 2020
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) Excellent blade, smooth shave today!
YY  Gem blade (2).jpg.....
Blade Review #6.3 June 26th 2020 (3).jpg

RussianGillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless - Green Packaging (3).

Awesome blade. Did a with the grain pass, across and against. BBS with no irritation. No feedback from the alum block. Sharp and very smooth blade.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Amazon Solimo (3) in new Vikings Blade Chieftain razor that arrived today.

With all blades I tried in my Wilkinson Sword Classic I would get slight tugging going ATG. With this new Chieftain razor I get no tugging ATG. I will likely revisit other blades I haven't liked before in my Wilkinson Sword Classic Razor and see how they perform in the Chieftain.

Top Bottom