What's new

What products do you tend to hoard?

I don't hoard, but I do wish I had bought a few pucks of Fine American Blend before it was discontinued. I've liked all the Fine Accoutrements soaps I've tried, but that was my favorite scent.

I don't hoard, but I do wish I had bought a few pucks of Fine American Blend before it was discontinued. I've liked all the Fine Accoutrements soaps I've tried, but that was my favorite scent.

Is it really really discontinued though? Or are they just looking for a new place to produce them since the current one closed? I haven't seen too many details about that particular story but man would it be a shame if those soaps never came back.

Is it really really discontinued though? Or are they just looking for a new place to produce them since the current one closed? I haven't seen too many details about that particular story but man would it be a shame if those soaps never came back.

My understanding is that they've found a new manufacturer, and they will have the same scent line, but their new soap is going to be more of a croap than a hard soap. I really like the pucks because they fit perfectly in my shaving mug.

My understanding is that they've found a new manufacturer, and they will have the same scent line, but their new soap is going to be more of a croap than a hard soap. I really like the pucks because they fit perfectly in my shaving mug.

okok, at least all is not lost. But yeah those hard pucks will become crazy collectible

Arko, Nacet and BIC Chrome Platinum blades. If I can get 500 blades from each and 50 soap sticks, I don't think i'm going to buy more blades or soaps for many years to come.

I also got an Arko+Nacet box in the storage room, I'm ready for anything.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Not sure it tips into hoarding, but in the depths of pandemic alarm I laid in three big bottles of 4711. Although my blade supply is under 100 in total, I have too many PIRs. Through gifts I have two half pucks (TOBS sandalwood and PdP), but I shall plow through them before I get into my MdC Fougere.

Empty boxes as someone said above, have a garage full!

Melodeons, squeezeboxes, see avatar. I now have five at various prices between £500 and £3000! Must curtail that!

Also enough blades to see me out.

Gareth

I am a hoardaholic, it is disgraceful. Though I try my best to dishoard and go through "cleansings" from time to time. I am getting to that point again.

As for products when they get low... I use it less frequently to keep it longer. I am really foolish that way. I have a soap/cream spoon that I've been using for a number of years and like to dial in a precise amount that I use for each shave. I've gone to the point of weighing product on the spoon and averaging it out over 5 days to know exactly how long the product will last, knowing the average amount I use per shave. If I feel in a generous mood I take a little more... but I like the challenge of dialling in a precise amount with only minimal wastage.

Right now I have maybe a few weeks left of T&H Sandalwood balm... it's soft scented balm that matches lots of soaps, oh it's 3 pumps if I'm stingy or 4 if generous. And then there's the T&H 1805 and Sandalwood creams. I was gifted them by my wife for my birthday. And they are 80% gone. I only use them once in a while now.

So I figure to cure myself, I need to buy more... how insane is that? Thinking I can cure myself by buying more product! As I like to try new things and compare, so I buy samples as often as could and to justify it I combine it with a burning passion to share the truth about how razors and products really perform, because I've been misled by youtubers. So I start a youtube channel and combined all these issues into a passion that I hope assists others. At least that what I keep telling myself.

Anyway I figure that unless I dishoard, when I die there will probably be something left of each product I have. Confessing this makes me realise a lot. I didn't have much money for most of my life so the hoarder in me might never leave but I am going to keep fighting it and dishoard in the future, I am resolved.

Oh... and if I really like a product, I'll have to order it before I finish what I currently have or I will never use it again.

P.S. I like to collect... and have an example of 1 of each kind. I did sell my coin collection to pay for my wedding, took me years and lots of time painstaking collecting only to sell it for an amount that could never be it's value to me. I've got a garage full of stuff packed to the ceiling. I found a couple of SRs going through it recently. I think I have over 50 samples of creams and soaps now. It's cheaper to satisfy the itch.

P.P.S. I just counted my soap samples.... lol, I said 50, .. not even close. I have stop buying for a good while, they're like my treasures.... it really brings me enjoyment to try new things and keep them. It's terrible and I am organising the "den" like a shrine in the bathroom now combining it all into one thing to justify it all.

Reading my post, I could have just left it at one word...

Everything.
same here one word everything .

I'm not a hoarder, except for one shaving item..Nacet blades. I have a few hundred now, but, what if the world is coming to an end, and I can't get any more, and I'm stuck having only enough for the rest of my life, ..you can never be too careful with such important matters! Oh, one other item...D'Addario "Chromes" flat wound bass strings, there's a set on my Jazz Bass, that's 8 years old, ..they aren't like regular strings, you don't really change them, unless one breaks, yet, I have 8 sets, that I'll most likely never use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom