What's new

What Price Glory?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
What's scary is that I once failed to convince a "tech" that that was both an innie and an outie and the uses were not interchangeable.

Sigh.

The world has gone to....

Did the guys you worked with ever put spit wads in the end of the nozzle of the air hoses and shoot the people at other machines in the butt with it? That hurts. The war is on.

To get back on track...I'm waiting on a vent rib barrel to be screwed onto the current Cobra and it being called a Diamondback.

Last edited:
This is true, but on a reproduction revolver? Did they lose the blueprints of the old ones?

This is NOT a reproduction. A Taurus revolver is a closer copy of the original colt python then this is.

Essentially what happened is like someone taking an armscor produced 1911 and putting Colt markings on it.

Its a different size, different internal mechanism. It only has two things in common with the original Python,

1. colt logo
2. large price tag

The current release of revolvers from Colt is just a joke, not actually based on the originals. Hell, Taurus does a better job of a d frame revolver then the new cobra

Sigh.

The world has gone to....

Did the guys you worked with ever put spit wads in the end of the nozzle of the air hoses and shoot the people at other machines in the butt with it? That hurts. The war is on.

To get back on track...I'm waiting on a vent rib barrel to be screwed onto the current Cobra and it being called a Diamondback.

I work at an automotive company that supplies mirrors and door handles to ford and gm, honday, Chrysler,

I have seen so much stuff pass "quality inspection" violated ALL quality standards. Its funny when your told to ship parts that are pure ****. Sometimes parts that simply have car touch up paint applied to hide gouges in the painted sections.

Hell, if you want stupid engineering... on the new powerfold motors for the new GM pickup door mirrors. The plant engineers decided that instead of having a vendor actually make the motors to specification, they would increase the voltage given to the motors at the testing area, BEYOND SPECIFICATION, so the motor would HOPEFULLY have enough torque to break burrs off and actually make the mirror fold and unfold.

Its actually worse that the engineers who decided that, took 2 hours to discover what tolerance stacking is when they couldn't get parts to fit together

Top Bottom