What's new

What Price Glory?

Guess it's official. Most recent price I could find (although it's not in stock at the moment) is right at $2,000😱
290C2308-DF1D-43C8-AF97-5AD78DEB5402.jpeg

I recently read that it is having some Quality Control issues. Hopefully not systemic, especially at the price.

Yeah, talk about the QC on this one is pretty lively on other sites. Has to do with failure of the cylinder to rotate properly. No bueno😠

Like any new firearm I wait a few months for the bugs to be worked out. Being a firearm retailer it amazes me the crud being shipped today from the big makers. Missing extractors/ejectors, totally inoperable guns, etc. We frequently send a new gun right back to the manufacture for repairs.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I waited a good while before getting my first SIG P 365, still got a dud, but the replacement works fine, so far. As for the new Python, you can have it, I'd rather Monty Python reruns! Or one might consider a blend of Faulty Towers and Monty Python = Faulty Python!!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Here's up to date info on the alleged problems straight from Colt:

Definitely pretty. Did anyone notice in the video, where the Python is being fired, the rearward throw of the hammer during the trigger pull was really short? I mean really short. Like, the shortest double action trigger pull I have ever seen, short. Thought that was kinda cool and interesting.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Here is the Youtube video, if any are interested in reading the first comments below the video about it.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
This is true, but on a reproduction revolver? Did they lose the blueprints of the old ones?
The blueprints on the Python were but the starting point. Before each Python was released it was hand fitted by an expert gunsmith.

They lost the expert gunsmiths.

I'm gonna see if I can find a pre-lock S&W Model 19.
I truly wanted a new generation Python to round out my Colt line up of Snake Guns.
However, $2,000.00? Even if Colt finally gets it all straightened out....nah.

Cobra is ok. Sad there was so much rancor when it first came out.
AB53A2FD-ABE9-4EFA-8114-38E8AD2BF437.jpeg

King Cobra seems to indicate Colt listened to the cries of the masses heard when the Cobra came out. It's really a decent revolver.
1BD8ED21-31C9-4E13-BA05-5AC7A902D6B7.jpeg

Python? Sigh.......😢
EFF343D1-048F-443B-A432-CAE2655467DB.jpeg

Last edited:
One can hope. Actually the lofty price tag is more of a concern to me, especially for a box-stock handgun. But, as the thread title asks..."What Price Glory?"
Right????

Street price after the initial frenzy wears off will likely be 1300 or so.

Pythons were always a premium priced gun. 30 years ago, a Python was almost twice the price of a King Cobra.

Last edited:
This gun is not on my want list, and after watching that video (blaming the customer) even more so. I know this will upset some of the Colt guys, but when I was looking at my Kimber K6s, I tried the Colt Cobra and it was not as good as gun as the Kimber (which was a real surprise to me).

Getting back to that S&W K-Frame.
Not quite a Model 19 but....
I received this today from a guy who was concerned about some surface rust which had grown on it.
Model 66...no dash
Pre-lock obviously
Pinned barrel
Recessed chambers
Very little wear, other than the aforementioned rust
Rust removal will require a miminmal bit of
effort. Lack of lubrication was a concern. A liberal application of Rem Oil solved that problem.
Rumor is this guy may be interested in parting ways with this specimen for myriad reasons. Wish me luck 🤞
E3E903DA-90FF-4B99-B7F0-CC88A1A4A76B.jpeg

Top Bottom