What's new

What pre shave did you use today?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sept 25th 2021
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
( Yaqi 24mm Cashmere brush works well around the eyes with the CeraVe had bar cleanser)
Z-Pre shave products (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Have some great shaves!

Own Mix

1 Argan Oil
1 Castor Oil
3 Jojoba Oil
3 Sweet Almond Oil
2 Coconut Fractionated (liquid) Oil
Lavender (5 drops/100ml)
Eucalyptus Lemon (10 drops/100ml)

Own Mix

1 Argan Oil
1 Castor Oil
3 Jojoba Oil
3 Sweet Almond Oil
Lavender (5 drops/100ml)

Own Mix

1 Argan Oil
1 Castor Oil
3 Jojoba Oil
3 Sweet Almond Oil
Lavender (5 drops/100ml)

Edwin Jagger Hydrating Pre-Shave Lotion. Tried out a sample of this today for a change but not a massive fan of it. It has a big hit of menthol to it which I wasn't expecting (my fault, didn't read the ingredients!) and it felt that it created a bit of a barrier between my skin and the lather so the lather wouldn't sit properly. I try it again using less cream and another lather and see if that helps, but I don't think I'll be buying a full tube!

Edwin Jagger Hydrating Pre-Shave Lotion. Tried out a sample of this today for a change but not a massive fan of it. It has a big hit of menthol to it which I wasn't expecting (my fault, didn't read the ingredients!) and it felt that it created a bit of a barrier between my skin and the lather so the lather wouldn't sit properly. I try it again using less cream and another lather and see if that helps, but I don't think I'll be buying a full tube!
Sorry to hear it.
Sounds similar to Somerset's shaving oil.

Top Bottom