What's new

What pre shave did you use today?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, Aug 27th 2021

Pre shave: Brush wash whole face(dedicated Yaqi Cashmere 24mm synthetic) with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Z-Pre shave products (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Picked up a jar of Proraso Green to use after dinner for my evening shave. First time using a pre-shave anything other than general old soap so I'm very interested in the results.

Could you give feedback? I'm wondering if this could cut a minute or so from my routine (which now is rinse, lather, hot towel, relather, shave, re(re)lather, shave)

Will pre-shave able me to skip on the hot towel part?
I lf so I might consider ordering a bottle.

Thanks!

Could you give feedback? I'm wondering if this could cut a minute or so from my routine (which now is rinse, lather, hot towel, relather, shave, re(re)lather, shave)

Will pre-shave able me to skip on the hot towel part?
I lf so I might consider ordering a bottle.

Thanks!

Not going sugar coat it. It completely wrecked my face. It was a bloody nightmare. It left my face looking like I was sitting next to a camp fire all night. Took 2 full days for my face to calm down. I use and love the Proraso Green cream. It is one of my favorite shaving creams. But the Proraso pre-shave cream was nothing like the lather for me. The pre-shave cream felt and smelled exactly like Noxzema. If it wasn't in a Proraso jar that is exactly what I would have guessed it was. My experience with it was not a good one and I'll never touch it again. Don't assume just because the Proraso Green cream or soap works for your skin that their pre-shave will as well. It is a completely different product.

Much like most things when it comes to grooming products it's very much a YMMV so you'll really have no way of knowing unless you try it for yourself. Ask another member here and they may tell you its the best thing since sliced bread.

Top Bottom