What's new

What pre shave did you use today?

Mitchell's lanolin before going in the shower (pre-shave) and Trumper's Indian Limes Skin Food (pre-shave) after showering and before starting to shave. I also exfoliate my beard with a hot flannel between passes, as my stubble is like copper wire! Result: super close shave even when using a mild razor and blade

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Dove Beauty Bar. Rubbed it on dry, wetted my beard and lathered up with Cella. Seemed to permit an extra bit of closeness (I think).

Will likely try others, as I like experimenting with products re-tasked as pre-shaves. I've already had good luck with Noxzema, a shave gel and hair conditioners, but Dove seems better. And, of course, one of these days I'll break down and try some dedicated pre-shave products (Cube, Grooming Dept., etc.)

That said, nothing beats a good, well-beaten lather generously applied.

Somerset's Pre Shave Face Wash
Own Mix:Argan Oil/Castor Oil/Jojoba Oil/Coconut Oil/Sweet Almond/Tee Tree & Eucalyptus Smithii fragrance

As of now, I only have one preshave lotion, Proraso White. I'll try others once this tub is done. It seems to do a nice job, but I have nothing else to compare it to.

Own Mix:Argan Oil/Castor Oil/Jojoba Oil/Coconut Oil/Sweet Almond/Tee Tree & Eucalyptus Smithii fragrance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
0F863336-2D43-415E-8105-F0E7E972095B.jpeg
Nivea For Men Cool Kick Arctic Freeze wash and Shave Gel. Used it as a face wash and then left it on and lathered the Nivea Cream over the shave gel. Have a great shave.

Top Bottom