What's new

What pre shave did you use today?

Somerset's Pre Shave Face Wash
Own Mix:Castor Oil X2/Jojoba Oil/Coconut Oil/Sweet Almond/Tee Tree & Eucalyptus Smithii fragrance

In harsh winter months, my skin takes a beating and my shaves suck!...not at all close and quite uncomfortable!

I usually use some pre shave oil that helps somewhat to make the skin supple and assist in improving the shave.

This year, I tried something different...I massaged a dab of cetaphil lotion as a pre shave.
My expectations were that it wouldn't do much and may even negatively impact the lather.

First success was that it didn't impact the lather at all (probably because I massaged it in really well) and second success was the big one...the shave was much more comfortable and smoother in the end!

I read somewhere in the past that pre shave is to condition the skin, not the stubble and I believe it! (It makes sense that with all the good soaps on the market, why in the world would we need to soften the hair beforehand or require more slickness?!!)
Whether it's pre shave oil or the cetaphil lotion, both these work best when my skin is in bad shape! In warmer months, the pre shave oil makes zero difference so I don't use it.

Own Mix:Castor Oil X2/Jojoba Oil/Coconut Oil/Sweet Almond/Tee Tree & Eucalyptus Smithii fragrance

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
E48B2B8F-89FF-43FB-A376-ADC025249819.jpeg
Hot soap and water face wash and then some Proraso Green Pre-Shave Cream.

Somerset's Pre Shave Face Scrub

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Pre- shave : Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
I have been using this for years, a lot of cartridge razors have a lube strip with Aloe impregnated on it.
preshave Aloe Vera gel (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Own Mix:Argan Oil/Castor Oil/Jojoba Oil/Coconut Oil/Sweet Almond/Tee Tree & Eucalyptus Smithii fragrance

Own Mix:Argan Oil/Castor Oil/Jojoba Oil/Coconut Oil/Sweet Almond/Tee Tree & Eucalyptus Smithii fragrance

today i used Abbate Y La Mantia pre shave.

i also use cella preshave and baumbe preshave. both give me good results. but the Abbate Y La Mantia feels like its better. i just got this so i would need more shaves with it to be 100

Somerset's Pre Shave Face Scrub
Own Mix: Argan Oil/Castor Oil/Jojoba Oil/Coconut Oil/Sweet Almond/Tee Tree & Eucalyptus Smithii fragrance

Top Bottom