What's new

What pre shave did you use today?

Essential and Fragrance Oils, to add aromas. I use a sandalwood FO, and several different EOs like cedarwood, lemon, eucalyptus, patchouli, spearmint, and cinnamon.

Old school pre-shave works better than a lot of the shaving pre-shaves.

Noxzema.jpg

Essential and Fragrance Oils, to add aromas. I use a sandalwood FO, and several different EOs like cedarwood, lemon, eucalyptus, patchouli, spearmint, and cinnamon.

Thanks for the clarification.

Any recipe for an after shave oil?
I intend to add centella asiatica to the after shave mix.

Thanks for the clarification.

Any recipe for an after shave oil?
I intend to add centella asiatica to the after shave mix.

I use it as pre/after/beard oil. I picked the carrier oils to be good for both skin and hair. You can use the EOs the same way, but I pick for aroma and sensation in the case of cinnamon and tea tree oils. Several EOs are good antiseptics as well.

Witch hazel with glycerin and EOs can make a good AS splash.

I Wash face with soap and water, Washcloth face soak with Hot tap Water for my pre shave. Never needed anything else, But I'll try the old school Noxzema on next shave.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Wash my face with Neutrogena or Noxzema, pat dry and then apply CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. Let it soak in while you are getting your other shaving stuff ready.

Face gets moisturized and when you splash your face with water prior to lathering, your face gets really slick.

It's a good idea to wash your hands before trying to pick up your razor. ;)

I use it as pre/after/beard oil. I picked the carrier oils to be good for both skin and hair. You can use the EOs the same way, but I pick for aroma and sensation in the case of cinnamon and tea tree oils. Several EOs are good antiseptics as well.

Witch hazel with glycerin and EOs can make a good AS splash.

Indeed.
I just want to experiment trying different combinations, olive oil will be a nice addition too.

Sometimes I use glycerin or Geo F. Trumper Lime Skin Food in my shaving bowl to enhance the lather.

Never thought that pre shave products would be helpful. However, I have sensitive skin- especially my neck and jawline. I had even seen a YouTube shave person say you wouldn't need a preshave if you used good products. Well, decided to try some lately and have become a fan. Used Proraso White and PAA's Star Jelly gel. Both upped my shave a great deal. Just used PAA's The Cube and it is wonderful. Even post shave, I could notice the difference.

Top Bottom