What's new

What pre shave did you use today?

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar
Trader Joe's Aloe Vera Gel

IMG_20211121_134014041.jpg

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar
Proraso White Pre Shave

Just added Proraso White Pre Shave to my Pre Shave arsenal. Need to use it more to see if it makes a difference. In past shaves, I've used Noxzema as a Pre Shave. Might do a side by side comparison to see if either is better.

IMG_20211123_082707774.jpg

Omega Via Barberia 1 Balm Pre Shave Care
I’ve only ever used a pre-shave once… well, when I say once it was for a few months and this was years ago.

It was an Art of Shaving pre-shave oil. I liked it but didn’t.

I felt it made my shaves more smooth and very silky like, but I didn’t like it because the oil would leave my hands so slippery and I could never get the oil off my fingers or hands well enough before I shaved to be able to hold my razor well and feel confident, so I ended up just getting rid of it after a while.

It would be nice to try out some other pre-shave product. What suggestions would you have?

Proraso White Pre Shave - Left side of face
Noxzema - Right side of face

Side by side Pre Shave comparison between my new Proraso White Pre Shave (2nd use) and Noxzema which I've used in my Pre Shave arsenal for 3 years.

Many shave with Noxzema as a low cost alternative to Proraso Pre Shaves.

Cold water bowl lathered with Proraso Green Shave Soap.

Menthol party with menthol in Pre Shaves, Soap, and After Shaves (Skin Bracer, Duke Cannon A/S Balm)

I applied each Pre Shave before every pass, WTG, XTG, ATG, cleanup.

I had a close comfortable BBS shave using the mighty Piccolo and the Sharp Titanium (8) blade.

No nicks, cuts, tugging or irritation.

By a very very small margin, the Left side of my face with the Proraso White Pre Shave had a closer shave versus the Right side with the Noxzema. Overall, I was pleased with both sides. Great Shave!

I'm ambidextrous, shave with left and right hand, but I'm a natural left hander.

I'll duplicate this Pre Shave battle next week, switching sides of the face, Proraso right side and Noxzema left side to see if I can duplicate these results.

IMG_20211125_133133042.jpg

Proraso White Pre Shave - Left side of face
Noxzema - Right side of face

Side by side Pre Shave comparison between my new Proraso White Pre Shave (2nd use) and Noxzema which I've used in my Pre Shave arsenal for 3 years.

Many shave with Noxzema as a low cost alternative to Proraso Pre Shaves.

Cold water bowl lathered with Proraso Green Shave Soap.

Menthol party with menthol in Pre Shaves, Soap, and After Shaves (Skin Bracer, Duke Cannon A/S Balm)

I applied each Pre Shave before every pass, WTG, XTG, ATG, cleanup.

I had a close comfortable BBS shave using the mighty Piccolo and the Sharp Titanium (8) blade.

No nicks, cuts, tugging or irritation.

By a very very small margin, the Left side of my face with the Proraso White Pre Shave had a closer shave versus the Right side with the Noxzema. Overall, I was pleased with both sides. Great Shave!

I'm ambidextrous, shave with left and right hand, but I'm a natural left hander.

I'll duplicate this Pre Shave battle next week, switching sides of the face, Proraso right side and Noxzema left side to see if I can duplicate these results.

View attachment 1368704
Thanks for the comparison!

I’ve only ever used a pre-shave once… well, when I say once it was for a few months and this was years ago.

It was an Art of Shaving pre-shave oil. I liked it but didn’t.

I felt it made my shaves more smooth and very silky like, but I didn’t like it because the oil would leave my hands so slippery and I could never get the oil off my fingers or hands well enough before I shaved to be able to hold my razor well and feel confident, so I ended up just getting rid of it after a while.

It would be nice to try out some other pre-shave product. What suggestions would you have?
There are oils which wash off easily with warm water and soap.
Creams tend to be better.
The Castle Forbes Preshave washes off easily but is expensive.
Best is to get samples of different products to try and see which suits best.

There are oils which wash off easily with warm water and soap.
Creams tend to be better.
The Castle Forbes Preshave washes off easily but is expensive.
Best is to get samples of different products to try and see which suits best.
I purchased some Proraso pre-shave on Black Friday. Should be in sometime this week. Figured I would give pre-shave a shot again, but a different product ☺️

Top Bottom