What's new

What pre shave did you use today?

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
kkkkk.PNG

3P.
I think pre-shave is useful, particularly to feel for remaining stubble before a next pass. Doubt that it has any other benefits.

I've tried a bunch of pre-shaves over the years. I was enamored by Myrsol Emulsion for several years, which is a tremendous pre-shave, but ultimately not worth the extra effort, i.e., the marginal benefit was not worth the marginal effort. I happily proceeded with no pre-shave for a year or two, then read the hype on Grooming Dept's pre-shave products. I'm sold. I have both v1 and v2. V1 is more "solid," so I use it on the road. V2 is more "liquid," so I keep it flat-footed in my den, where there's no risk that after the plane ride it will spill all over the place when I remove the lid. Both are better than the TOBS oils, Trumper's skin foods, Proraso pre-shaves, and the several others I tried.

I have some Grooming Dept shaving soaps, but I've got other soaps I find better for my face. But I have yet to find a better pre-shave than GD.

That's good to know thanks for sharing.

For now I'm using Geo. F. Trumper Lime Skin Food.

I have some oils to try next.

I've tried a bunch of pre-shaves over the years. I was enamored by Myrsol Emulsion for several years, which is a tremendous pre-shave, but ultimately not worth the extra effort, i.e., the marginal benefit was not worth the marginal effort. I happily proceeded with no pre-shave for a year or two, then read the hype on Grooming Dept's pre-shave products. I'm sold. I have both v1 and v2. V1 is more "solid," so I use it on the road. V2 is more "liquid," so I keep it flat-footed in my den, where there's no risk that after the plane ride it will spill all over the place when I remove the lid. Both are better than the TOBS oils, Trumper's skin foods, Proraso pre-shaves, and the several others I tried.

I have some Grooming Dept shaving soaps, but I've got other soaps I find better for my face. But I have yet to find a better pre-shave than GD.
I discovered that a pre shave is what I needed. I'm in my sixties and my neck /jaw areas were getting very irritated. Tried several pre shaves before using Grooming Department's. I highly recommend it.

Top Bottom