What's new

What pre shave did you use today?

Leave the noxzema on?

Yes. Place hot washcloth and hold on whiskers for a few seconds. That will get most of the Noxema off. This saves a step and your face will love it. Doesn't make sense to wash it off, then placing a hot towel on your face. The hot towel will take most off anyways, yes?

Mike

Yes. Place hot washcloth and hold on whiskers for a few seconds. That will get most of the Noxema off. This saves a step and your face will love it. Doesn't make sense to wash it off, then placing a hot towel on your face. The hot towel will take most off anyways, yes?

Mike

I always shave after a shower. So put some noxzema on right after I get out and leave on like proraso pre shave cream?

I always shave after a shower. So put some noxzema on right after I get out and leave on like proraso pre shave cream?

If you want to it wouldn't hurt. May even help your complexion since it is a medicated cleanser. You can leave it on or wash it off. Either way it will work fine. Find what you like best and go for it. :straight:

If you want to it wouldn't hurt. May even help your complexion since it is a medicated cleanser. You can leave it on or wash it off. Either way it will work fine. Find what you like best and go for it. :straight:
It worked!! It really did. There's a small area on my neck near the jawline that is "sensitive". I put the noxzema on like a pre shave. Works! Better than the proraso . That sensitive area wasn't any different. Thank you!

It worked!! It really did. There's a small area on my neck near the jawline that is "sensitive". I put the noxzema on like a pre shave. Works! Better than the proraso . That sensitive area wasn't any different. Thank you!

I am happy for you. For what it's worth, there is talk that the "today" formula of Noxema has changed from the original formula and is not as good as the original. That talk was that the version that is made for the "Dollar Store" brand is closer to the original formula. I currently use the "Dollar Store" brand as that is what I have at home. I personally don't see very much difference but it was the talk at one time. I'm happy it works for you as it works great for many others also.

Mike

I am happy for you. For what it's worth, there is talk that the "today" formula of Noxema has changed from the original formula and is not as good as the original. That talk was that the version that is made for the "Dollar Store" brand is closer to the original formula. I currently use the "Dollar Store" brand as that is what I have at home. I personally don't see very much difference but it was the talk at one time. I'm happy it works for you as it works great for many others also.

Mike
I think the Proraso Green is very similar to the Nox - in consisteny, and application feel. The Proraso Red pre-shave, however, is a dfferent creature altogether. It is almost like a non-foaming cream. I think the green washes and stimulates more, and the red makes a slick undercoat. Different - not sure which is "better."

I was gifted some bio brushless shaving cream that used in small quantity is making an excellent preshave.

Gong to try Village Barber Pre Shave Oil soon
Wonder if anyone has tried it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom