What's new

What pre shave did you use today?

Reached for King of Shaves Advanced Shave Oil forgetting I was using a hard soap today, rubbed in some MWF water afterwards.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
My pre shave routine lately is to apply some of the soap or cream I’m whipping up and aggressively hand lather. I really work a thin layer of product into my whiskers and massage vigorously going ATG with the back of my hand. After a minute or so of this I continue to prepare my brush and when loaded go straight to my face. I like that I’m using one product for both pre and lathering and I’m satisfied with the results so far. I have tried a dab of Cremo, a brushless shave cream in my pre massage technique, then another soap or cream for the shave.

Somerset's Pre Shave Face Scrub

Own mix
1 Argan Oil
1 Castor Oil
2 Jojoba Oil
2 Sweet Almond Oil
1 Coconut Fractionated (liquid) Oil
Tea Tree (5 drops/100ml)
Eucalyptus Smithii (10 drops/100ml)

Own mix
1 Argan Oil
1 Castor Oil
2 Jojoba Oil
2 Sweet Almond Oil
Tea Tree (5 drops/100ml)

Proraso red sandalwood, I love the scent and I find it more effective than my pre shave oil.
IMG_20200816_141545~2.jpg

Own mix
1 Argan Oil
1 Castor Oil
2 Jojoba Oil
2 Sweet Almond Oil
Tea Tree (5 drops/100ml)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Rubbed some Arko, that spilled out of the smallish tub into my whiskers. This has become a pre shave routine with most soaps. Really working that product into my whiskers by hand, then go back to loading and give it a chance to soften things up. Creates a nice base for the brush to do its thing.

Own mix
1 Argan Oil
1 Castor Oil
2 Jojoba Oil
2 Sweet Almond Oil
Tea Tree (5 drops/100ml)

Top Bottom