What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
This little single blade Case.
image.jpg

My Gerber Swagger is my favourite. It's been through a lot with me. The only thing that makes me think once in a while is the serration. It makes the blade a pain to sharpen (not sharpening the serrations, but they get in the way when sharpening the rest), but it's really handy to have there when I need it!

I’ve carried the same Benchmade 705 that I bought when I was 15 years old... which is about 22 years ago. Dang, time sure moves on.

This week the Spyderco Para 3 Lightweight.

How are you liking SPY27?

I've been revisiting the Massdrop Spyderco Endura (SG2) but sadly, the steel still doesn't knock my socks off. Great knife though and not a bad steel in any way, just not as impressive as the hype on the forums made it out to be.

How are you liking SPY27?

I've been revisiting the Massdrop Spyderco Endura (SG2) but sadly, the steel still doesn't knock my socks off. Great knife though and not a bad steel in any way, just not as impressive as the hype on the forums made it out to be.
Just fine, but I don't put heavy use on a knife. I love the light weight of this knife.

Just fine, but I don't put heavy use on a knife. I love the light weight of this knife.

I have the "plain vanilla" BD1N Para 3 LW, I love the *idea* of a lighter, cheaper Para 3 with a wire clip, but the reality is that I still prefer the G10 handled version, despite having to swap the clip out for an aftermarket deep carry clip to make it feel right in my pocket.

Really? I have one too; heaviest, toughest D2 folder ever. The word "beast" does apply.

Usually a winter carry for me (jacket).

AA
Yes, the Adamas aka the folding fixed blade. I do carry it periodically. If I’m going into the woods I like to have that as the extra heft makes it pretty useful. The other two carry knives are a bit more refined and delicate in comparison. Plus I have some pretty crazy edges on the 940 and PM2.

Since posting this, I have been tempted to add one of my spyderco Manix options to the rotation.

I am pretty fortunate to have a good stockpile of NIB benchmade and spyderco knives from my old job at a range where we got very deep discounts on these items. Eventually I will trade/sell some off.

I have the "plain vanilla" BD1N Para 3 LW, I love the *idea* of a lighter, cheaper Para 3 with a wire clip, but the reality is that I still prefer the G10 handled version, despite having to swap the clip out for an aftermarket deep carry clip to make it feel right in my pocket.
During the hot summer months I mostly wear thin athletic shorts being retired. My lighter knives like the P3 LW and Bugout are perfect for such light clothing. It's cooler now so the bigger knives are getting carried. This week, my Griptillan. I am not a fan of combo blades but this was a much appreciated retirement gift.
20200201_132340.jpg

Top Bottom