What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I remember the original leatherman. I had a Gerber multi tool because the knife blades locked. If I remember correctly the original leatherman didn't have locking blades. My wife bought me the leatherman Charge titanium for my birthday a few years ago and I love it.
You are korreck. It does not lock. It will hurt you! It's hurt me even when I wasn't trying to elektrocute myself!

Been carrying this one around lately.

81833F88-FB03-4F46-8288-25C160F47635.jpeg

FarmerTan

I remember the original leatherman. I had a Gerber multi tool because the knife blades locked. If I remember correctly the original leatherman didn't have locking blades. My wife bought me the leatherman Charge titanium for my birthday a few years ago and I love it.
Yeah, I've looked at those titanium ones. VERY nice!

Nominally a Benchmade 365EDC. A day I'm going places unknown I'll add or replace with a Fox 479 & it's training blade used as guard/come-along.
But the one who holds my heartstrings? an Old Timer 240T

FarmerTan

Nominally a Benchmade 365EDC. A day I'm going places unknown I'll add or replace with a Fox 479 & it's training blade used as guard/come-along.
But the one who holds my heartstrings? an Old Timer 240T
Pics of the Old Timer requested!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
God is good, but especially merciful to morons

Amadeus Moronus

I'm a charter member of that club.

I once almost cut half my finger off doing some odd stuff with a non-locking blade.

Once.

Just fixed and locking blades for me ever since. Due to my membership in the abovementioned club, the finger is fine.

Amadeus Moronus

I'm a charter member of that club.

I once almost cut half my finger off doing some odd stuff with a non-locking blade.

Once.

Just fixed and locking blades for me ever since. Due to my membership in the abovementioned club, the finger is fine.
I carry knives with non locking blades now because I've lived in the UK since 2004, locking blade folding knives aren't legal to carry unless you have a valid reason.
That was a real culture shock, I used to rock a multi tool and a 8 inch fixed blade hanging from my belt when I still lived in Canada.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!

FarmerTan

A simple mini victorinox Swiss Army knife. Just enough for day to day
I always carried those back in my days. Amazing how often those little scissors came in handy.
Just my little Texas Toothpick.

View attachment 1133617
Man, that reminds me of my Dad's knives! He must have loved sharpening them, cuz he'd turn them into ones that look just like that!

That knife right there sure looks like what I'd call a "Toad Sticker" tho I never did stick a Toad!

Even a guy like me could do some real fine work whittling with that.

FarmerTan

Did anyone else on here have a dad like mine who made me give him a deposit if I asked to borrow his knife?

Top Bottom