What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

I've long been carrying the 1.96 inch Gerber LST folder:
Gerber_LST Folder.jpg

Fits on my key chain. I probably use it every day for something. Last week, I was shopping for knives for my two step sons. Ended up picking up a Columbia River CEO pocket folder for myself:
CRKT CEO folder.jpg

With a clip on the side, fits in a shirt pocket like a fountain pen.

I used to carry a Buck #110 Folding Hunter in a belt sheath to work at the hardware store. Used it numerous times every day. That knife is almost forty years old, and still in fair shape. I don't carry it much anymore, what a useful companion though. Now that retirement is my occupation, I keep an old Buck two-blade pocket knife most of the time. I am partial to Buck, Uncle Henry, and Old Timer. That allegiance comes from selling countless knives of each brand for Woolworths in the 70's and early 80's. I own about fifteen knives, perhaps half have been used, the rest are still in the boxes they came in.

This is my EDC "pocket" knife 😜 Seriously, i carry it everywhere or take it in my bag to work daily.

Attachments

• IMG_20200126_103604522.jpg
    IMG_20200126_103604522.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Picked up this "Gordon Challenger" knife at Harbor Freight for a $5.99 beater ... it gets great reviews!

G-10 scales and 8CR13MOV steel ... truly worth a look.

proxy.php

AA

Two years later, still liking this cheapie!

Carrying today. Cut back a lavender plant with it.

AA

I used to travel by air almost every other week and quit carrying pocket knives since I didn’t like donating them to TSA. Then, when my travels were grounded two months ago I picked up an Opinel No.6. It’s come in pretty handy. I prefer a carbon steel blade for the ease of sharpening.

91307509-984B-4F3B-A60D-DD7BFB9474B7.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
15961386313998748392916233742391.jpg
Just started rocking this 25+ year old Leatherman about a week ago. I still have the original leather holster thingamajiggy for it.

Years ago I was wiring a fan. Decided to cut one of the really thin gauge wires. Only problem: this moron forgot that it was STILL plugged in! BOOM! Luckily the circuit blew.

The good news is it left a little hole behind that is really nice for stripping wires!

God is good, but especially merciful to morons.

View attachment 1132699Just started rocking this 25+ year old Leatherman about a week ago. I still have the original leather holster thingamajiggy for it.

Years ago I was wiring a fan. Decided to cut one of the really thin gauge wires. Only problem: this moron forgot that it was STILL plugged in! BOOM! Luckily the circuit blew.

The good news is it left a little hole behind that is really nice for stripping wires!

God is good, but especially merciful to morons.
I remember the original leatherman. I had a Gerber multi tool because the knife blades locked. If I remember correctly the original leatherman didn't have locking blades. My wife bought me the leatherman Charge titanium for my birthday a few years ago and I love it.

Top Bottom