What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

Kernshaw Leek. Not big or small or heavy or flimsy. Solid feel. Sharp as he'll for a loooong time. Thought I lost one so I bought another then found the first one...now I have two. I also have big heavy clunkers and a Piraña and SOG automatic. The Piraña is nice but illegal to carry...so I always carry a Kershaw...and Glock G19 when I can.

Friday evening I came back from a trip to London, and Saturday I found myself without a knife when I needed it. So the first thing I did on Sunday was putting a small Opinel in my pocket again.

Well, like most of our members that have a penchant for sharp things I'm SURE that apart from our razor and firearm collections there are cases, drawers or cabinets filled with pocket knives for our enjoyment and of course, practical use.
I've been into pocket knives as a kid and I'm curious to see what you guys use on a daily basis or change it up often.

Here's a Wally's World surprise, an American made Buck Slim-Line 721. It's not bad for the price and it's sleekness.

$koftd12:6.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Very nice! I was just reading some reviews on it. I'm thinking of either getting a Skyline or a Ken Onion Leek.

I never carried a pocket knife full time until I got the Skyline. I've carried it for a few years now. Can't imagine being without it. Made in the USA. It's sturdy, durable, and comfortable in the pocket.
I've even washed it a few times by accident. :laugh:

I tried to sharpen it once too and completely dulled it. So bad it wouldn't even cut paper. I could run my finger down the edge and it felt like a butter knife.
I was cruising the farmers market one day and there was a knife sharpening booth. For 3 bucks he ran it across a couple grinding wheels and now it's sharper than ever, like Katana sword sharp.
so it will take an edge after being dulled very well. It's good steel

This is my beater S&W Black Ops I use everyday. It's pretty rough, haha. I'll see if I can snap a pic of my Kershaw, it's at work.

This thing isn't the best made, but it holds an edge pretty well, and I don't care if anything happens to it.

$BlackOps.jpg

Here's my Kershaw Scallion. Another work knife. Very well built and I love the speed safe assisted opening. Hold a decent edge as well.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386641839.807549.jpg

Well, like most of our members that have a penchant for sharp things I'm SURE that apart from our razor and firearm collections there are cases, drawers or cabinets filled with pocket knives for our enjoyment and of course, practical use.
I've been into pocket knives as a kid and I'm curious to see what you guys use on a daily basis or change it up often.

Here's a Wally's World surprise, an American made Buck Slim-Line 721. It's not bad for the price and it's sleekness.

View attachment 391136

That's a good looking knife! I have always had one in my glove compartment. Comes in handy for packages at the p.o.or tying the Christmas tree with twine on top of the Toyota etc. Knives are indispensable.

I have several knives in my toolbox, work overall pockets, workshop drawers, etc. I have always carried a pocket knife since my pre-teens 50 years ago. I currently carry a Swiss Army Knife like the one here, although mine is looking a little worse for wear on the handle.

$my-swiss-army-spartan.jpg
I prefer Opinel knives generally, but not for carrying.

This knife lives in my pocket. It is a sarge and was a free bit of swag. Actually holds an edge and I don't care what happens to it.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1386771091489.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1386771091489.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 261
Top Bottom