What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

A Boker plus( folder),,,,Ceramic blade and Titanium handle, super sharp and light.

This one piqued my interest - I like the Ti handle model and the carbon fiber model.

How long have you been using this as an EDC?

I am guessing that touching up the edge would not be a problem on my Spyderco Sharpmaker with the diamond rods

Lately it's been a Strider SnG Conceal Carry in Ranger green with CPM154 blade steel.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Is it so hard to invest $200, $400, into something you'll use every day for 10, 20, 30 years?

The answer among us here: Heck, no - lemme at it!

The answer around the lovely bride: Aw, I dont need something that fancy.

I just fed my Spyderco addiction, I have to be sure to intercept the UPS man tomorrow. I was authorized to pick up a Fenix flashlight and Pacific Salt as a gift for my Dad....I may have "forgot" to empty out the black-on-black Pacific Salt and Dragonfly with the orange handle from my cart.

The answer among us here: Heck, no - lemme at it!

The answer around the lovely bride: Aw, I dont need something that fancy.

I just fed my Spyderco addiction, I have to be sure to intercept the UPS man tomorrow. I was authorized to pick up a Fenix flashlight and Pacific Salt as a gift for my Dad....I may have "forgot" to empty out the black-on-black Pacific Salt and Dragonfly with the orange handle from my cart.

Fenix flashlights are great, your Dad ought to be happy.

Is it so hard to invest $200, $400, into something you'll use every day for 10, 20, 30 years?

It's a lesson you only learn by experience; if you buy cheap, you often buy twice.

I've learned by now to buy the best product I can afford, instead of going the budget option.

Well, some would say 300$ or 400$ for a folder is a bit excessive. Is there such a big difference in quality between a 60$ folder an a 400$ one? Does it have other functions? And most chances the 60$ one would last as long as the 400$ one. And do you really want to stick to the same knife for 20 or 30 years? But I guess some people just feel good knowing they have something made of exotic materials or has an exotic mechanism. If they can afford a 400$ folder, then let them be happy. I guess same goes about a lot of other goods and services. Some people just like luxury, others feel happy without it. I'm not saying you should buy cheap. I'm against buying junk. I think you should buy quality, but to a reasonable extent.

Last edited:
Kershaw Ken Onion Leek. Its a locking blade with speed assist opening. Simplicity in design, beautiful to look at, a great EDC.

I have had many Kershaws, Gerbers, etc. over the years. I don't like to spend much more than $50-$100 on an EDC only because the more I appreciate a knife for its design and build quality, the less I like using it for EDC functions.

This knife has been a bit of a quandry for me. Its beautiful and I appreciate that, its cheap enough for me to consider it EDC worthy, but I still wince every time I use it to open a box or anything mundane like that.

As much as I like it, there are a couple of new ones at a local gun shop that are catching my eye these days...

$Kershaw-1660CKT-rw-8819-25991.jpg

Top Bottom