What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

Wednesday carry, meant to post last night:
Case 2220 peanut, another little guy, just peeled a nice Cosmic Crisp.
BC7200FA-0879-4666-A52C-BBDA6A9482FF.jpeg

Today:
This Rough Rider RR1975 sowbelly stockman arrived this morning and was instantly promoted to pocket duty. Nice size, ready for some bigger tasks but not too heavy. Nice design and build with a grippy handle, half stops and swedged stainless blades.
F0CD2A2D-93F5-4D73-95CE-78348A75529B.jpeg

I have a box that I have thrown stuff in for decades, and after seeing the Swiss Army Knives in this thread I remembered having one in it. Dug through it today and found this little gem. I vaguely remember getting it as a birthday or maybe a Christmas gift but I don’t believe I ever carried it but that’s going to change, it’s definitely going to see some pocket time now!

After doing a little bit of research I believe it to be a Spartan, but it doesn’t have the toothpick or scissors that the new ones have. The blade is reasonably sharp, I used it to open some mail today and that may have been the first time it’s been used.

Any of you guys have a rough idea of when it was made since it doesn’t have the scissors and toothpicks.

F4810221-A68D-42E3-A63A-2DF3E5D45810.jpeg
071D5A1C-CE1B-494A-BA2F-0751022D902E.jpeg

I have a box that I have thrown stuff in for decades, and after seeing the Swiss Army Knives in this thread I remembered having one in it. Dug through it today and found this little gem. I vaguely remember getting it as a birthday or maybe a Christmas gift but I don’t believe I ever carried it but that’s going to change, it’s definitely going to see some pocket time now!

After doing a little bit of research I believe it to be a Spartan, but it doesn’t have the toothpick or scissors that the new ones have. The blade is reasonably sharp, I used it to open some mail today and that may have been the first time it’s been used.

Any of you guys have a rough idea of when it was made since it doesn’t have the scissors and toothpicks.
This link may help, or it may just be too much info. Home - www.sakhome.com - https://www.sakhome.com

Legion

Staff member

View attachment 1498807View attachment 1498808
Not sure of the age, but the blade stamping and shape of the shield logo are different to any that I have owned, including my fathers one from the early 70's. Also, all the red scaled ones that size I've seen have the toothpick and tweezers.

56FC8576-5FC5-4A88-A714-6758DF59C9EE.jpeg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Shield is Elinox, which I believe was their budget line. No fluting on the corkscrew, and that stopped some time in the 70's I believe. Also no sewing eye on the needle. I'm well out of touch these days, I used to know some of this stuff. My best shot in the dark would be early 80s... but I could be way off.

After they stopped fluting the corkscrew, and before they put the sewing eye on, will probably be the best clues for trying to put a date on the manufacture. Blade tang stamps might help too. Try Sakwiki, you might find the data on there if you dig deep enough.

Legion

Staff member
Shield is Elinox, which I believe was their budget line. No fluting on the corkscrew, and that stopped some time in the 70's I believe. Also no sewing eye on the needle. I'm well out of touch these days, I used to know some of this stuff. My best shot in the dark would be early 80s... but I could be way off.

After they stopped fluting the corkscrew, and before they put the sewing eye on, will probably be the best clues for trying to put a date on the manufacture. Blade tang stamps might help too. Try Sakwiki, you might find the data on there if you dig deep enough.
Yep, you're right. An Elinox Standard.

Top Bottom