What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

What pocket knife do you carry?

I've long been carrying the 1.96 inch Gerber LST folder:
Gerber_LST Folder.jpg

Fits on my key chain. I probably use it every day for something. Last week, I was shopping for knives for my two step sons. Ended up picking up a Columbia River CEO pocket folder for myself:
CRKT CEO folder.jpg
With a clip on the side, fits in a shirt pocket like a fountain pen.

I used to carry a Buck #110 Folding Hunter in a belt sheath to work at the hardware store. Used it numerous times every day. That knife is almost forty years old, and still in fair shape. I don't carry it much anymore, what a useful companion though. Now that retirement is my occupation, I keep an old Buck two-blade pocket knife most of the time. I am partial to Buck, Uncle Henry, and Old Timer. That allegiance comes from selling countless knives of each brand for Woolworths in the 70's and early 80's. I own about fifteen knives, perhaps half have been used, the rest are still in the boxes they came in.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ambassador
Picked up this "Gordon Challenger" knife at Harbor Freight for a $5.99 beater ... it gets great reviews!

G-10 scales and 8CR13MOV steel ... truly worth a look.

AA
Two years later, still liking this cheapie!

Carrying today. Cut back a lavender plant with it.

AA

I used to travel by air almost every other week and quit carrying pocket knives since I didn’t like donating them to TSA. Then, when my travels were grounded two months ago I picked up an Opinel No.6. It’s come in pretty handy. I prefer a carbon steel blade for the ease of sharpening.

91307509-984B-4F3B-A60D-DD7BFB9474B7.jpeg

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
15961386313998748392916233742391.jpg Just started rocking this 25+ year old Leatherman about a week ago. I still have the original leather holster thingamajiggy for it.

Years ago I was wiring a fan. Decided to cut one of the really thin gauge wires. Only problem: this moron forgot that it was STILL plugged in! BOOM! Luckily the circuit blew.

The good news is it left a little hole behind that is really nice for stripping wires!

God is good, but especially merciful to morons.

View attachment 1132699 Just started rocking this 25+ year old Leatherman about a week ago. I still have the original leather holster thingamajiggy for it.

Years ago I was wiring a fan. Decided to cut one of the really thin gauge wires. Only problem: this moron forgot that it was STILL plugged in! BOOM! Luckily the circuit blew.

The good news is it left a little hole behind that is really nice for stripping wires!

God is good, but especially merciful to morons.
I remember the original leatherman. I had a Gerber multi tool because the knife blades locked. If I remember correctly the original leatherman didn't have locking blades. My wife bought me the leatherman Charge titanium for my birthday a few years ago and I love it.