What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

Took me many years to decide to buy a good wire cutter. My "expensive" Knipex was money well spent.
[emoji1360][emoji1360]

proxy.php

Man, these three have been neglected so heavily, lately. No longer! Hmm... Which shall become my new daily carry?

Three of the best models Spyderco has ever offered, IMO. Endura 4 in VG-10; Manix 2 XL in CPM-S110V and Stretch in ZDP-189.

20190516_190901.jpg

Yeah, nobody other than my father EVER gets to use my knife. If something needs cutting, I'll cut it for them. I'm glad that the damage done was not to an expensive knife. You're absolutely right about the utility of that. A lot like sunglasses. Buy the expensive ones and misplace them just as quickly as you do the gas station specials. The block the UV just as well too.

... and that's why I carry a utility knife instead :D? the husky wood handle folding one.

Man... I recently lost my edc. A Benchmade Precinct. It was so fun to flip. I’ll miss it.

proxy.php

So I googled fun knives to edc. This blade kept on popping up. Everyone seemingly loves it. It’s small, but that’s ok, it’ll live in my fifth pocket. It should be here next week.

proxy.php

I’m looking forward to it. But I got to tell you, using my standby in the meantime makes me wonder how it ever got standby status?

3B1CBB9E-17E6-4538-8E2F-74B00DA3A76B.jpeg

Man! This little Kizer is something else! The action is fantastic. It fits in my fifth pocket perfectly, and it slices way better than I would have ever thought!

0EF608D6-63C1-4178-A7AA-9F80204F3DAB.jpeg

It’s really a “little big knife.”

The bad however is the top could use some jimping, and the area where you release the liner lock could be more accessible. But at $69.00, there’s like no consumer regret going on. The action is fantastic! Better than many if not all of my more expensive knives. Crazy!

4A267F5E-B151-4BCD-9D49-64E3C11E6E36.jpeg

Well, maybe there’s a little consumer regret. I remember when a good knife had to have “made in America” stamped on it. This is my first Chinese knife. I guess my “Asian transition” started when I bought Spyderco knives assembled in Taiwan.

That said, there are some little things a more experienced knife maker would have changed on this knife, but wow, again, at 69 bucks, this thing is fantastic!

Mora fishing knife I used when I was in Norway. You could get plenty of cod off the rocks along the coast. Great edge to it. Stays at home these days. Illegal to carry knives in the UK.

Mora knife.jpg

Top Bottom