What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
IMG_20181220_213318.jpg

Wenger Evowood 14 today

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Got a Benchmade 62 BaliSong today as a Christmas gift. D2 steel. Pretty cool but I'm not coordinated enough for these jewels. I'll stick with the Infidel.

Got a Benchmade 62 BaliSong today as a Christmas gift. D2 steel. Pretty cool but I'm not coordinated enough for these jewels. I'll stick with the Infidel.
I have a Benchmade balisong. I've actually learned some cool tricks, but after sharpening it to my standards, I gave up on the tricks. There is no future in it.

Buy a Squid Industries trainer, or put some layers of tape on the edge of your BM62. Safe handle is the one without the latch.

Buy a Squid Industries trainer, or put some layers of tape on the edge of your BM62. Safe handle is the one without the latch.

Absolutely!! I have a Squiddy as well and it beats the cuts and all. But anyone who dabbles in the balisong should definitely get a trainer. I also have a BRS Barebones that is one of my favorites! Will post pics soon.

R

romsitsa

An old Victorinox Weekender or Spartan, couldn’t figure out the exact model. Redid scales in mahogany, right side is thicker so the corkscrew is flush. Cross and ruler are bone inlays.

97C3B326-C2DF-4B88-BF36-CC6D52045CF2.jpeg 34555A8E-5DC9-4618-9286-B66C4B868BE0.jpeg

Adam

Absolutely!! I have a Squiddy as well and it beats the cuts and all. But anyone who dabbles in the balisong should definitely get a trainer. I also have a BRS Barebones that is one of my favorites! Will post pics soon.
I taped the edge of my balisong for practice. I'm very secure doing the standard openings now so I'm good now with the edge un taped and a proper sharp edge on it. When I had the blade taped I was doing some of the roll overs and noted how I would have cut myself very easily several times. I like having the blade un taped so that I can actually use it. I may at some point tape the edge again to play with the fancy tricks. A knife that you can't use except for tricks is a yo yo.

I taped the edge of my balisong for practice. I'm very secure doing the standard openings now so I'm good now with the edge un taped and a proper sharp edge on it. When I had the blade taped I was doing some of the roll overs and noted how I would have cut myself very easily several times. I like having the blade un taped so that I can actually use it. I may at some point tape the edge again to play with the fancy tricks. A knife that you can't use except for tricks is a yo yo.

Spot on! I have done the same thing. It is nice to get used to the actual knife and then be able to deploy it in the real world. But you will like doing the rollovers and such with your regular user more so than a trainer. :)

When I worked in environmental enforcement, I carried a large folder in a belt sheath. Since retiring, my Spyderco Delica 4 is into its 9th year of daily carry in a pair of jeans. I occasionally will try something new, but haven't found anything as sharp and more comfortable to carry.

More a belt or tool pocket knife, but this is what I’ve carried recently. I wouldn’t have bought this knife myself. I found it while out kiting in a park on the turf. Saved some kid from finding it and injuring himself. The blade snaps open forcefully. Looks like it has never been used to cut anything. Tac-Force

237E2AB6-CCC4-4ABF-89AF-9DE12A670C4D.jpeg

Top Bottom