What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

EE9FADA7-688C-40DA-80D0-404CF06FE09B.jpeg
Colder weather here in the Appalachian hills can require the use of a heavier-duty knife. Open carried Full size belt knives are totally legal and often seen around town. Not my style though..
These days the ZT sees a lot of work..

Since I retired 8+ years ago, it's been a Spyderco Delica 4. I have yet to find a more comfortable carry knife for a pair of jeans.

Hi,

Since it's deer season here, I've been toting my SAK Hiker and my D.H. Russel Bird and Trout. Sadly, the only knife I've really needed has been my SAK to trim some scrub birch off. The Russel has stayed safely in the sheath.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
A.G. Russell folding hunter.

He passed away a few weeks ago, you know... Fine old gentleman.

AA

I didn't know that. I made my first purchase from AG Russel probably 25 years ago and I've bought several knives from AGR over the years. RIP

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I didn't know that. I made my first purchase from AG Russel probably 25 years ago and I've bought several knives from AGR over the years. RIP

Yeah. I'm on their mailing list, having bought from them last year.

Wife Goldie will continue to run it ...

AA

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Yeah. I'm on their mailing list, having bought from them last year.

Wife Goldie will continue to run it ...

AA

I used to look forward to their catalogs several times a year before the whole on-line thing. I still get one every year around the holidays.

Good to know.

For the last year or so, mine has been a Benchmade Mini-Griptilian 555-1 with gray G10 scales. The only problem I've had with it is the the clip bent and became loose, a common problem with any pocket knife, at least in my experience. I usually take them off anyway, because I don't like the knife peeping out of the top of my pocket.

I didn't know A.G. Russell died recently. I bought his original Sting many years ago, and still have it and use it occasionally, now that Texas has gotten more reasonable with knife law.

Greg

For general use, I most often carry this little Camillus two blade Congress. If working around the yard, garden, garage or shop, or kiting, one from a variety of others dedicated more to the tasks at hand.
D138FFBB-55CC-4EE0-A913-1141480ED48A.jpeg

Top Bottom