What's new

What plating service would you recommend? razor replating.

I love the service by Back Roads Gold/ Chris. Easily the cheapest service fee for quality work. The replating was very fast too. Done within one day of getting razor. They also included extra goodies like Shannon's soap sample, a black pouch and a pack of Gillette Silver Blue blades.
Here's a recent review that was posted on YouTube:

S

Scrubby

Anyone knows a European company? Shipment/import/export to the other side of the pond is just too much paperwork/ trouble/ expenses to get me to use USA based replating services

Back Roads Gold is my choice.

It's a strange feeling hearing recommendations for razor emporium on this site. When I was a more active member years ago, that was a banned vendor, and I'm not sure what could possibly have changed that.
They have a long history to have earned the ban.

It’s been about six years, Chris Evatt at razorplate.com worked on two razors for me. I am still happy.
Sounds like you can go to (a) Chris for very good service.

It's a strange feeling hearing recommendations for razor emporium on this site. When I was a more active member years ago, that was a banned vendor, and I'm not sure what could possibly have changed that.
Life moves in circles, Sir… Razor Emporium has thousands of happy customers all over the world, including me

Raven Koenes

My precious!
He has happy customers for sure. He wouldn't be in business if he didn't. His customers are happy until they're not when they experience customer no service.

I love the service by Back Roads Gold/ Chris. Easily the cheapest service fee for quality work. The replating was very fast too. Done within one day of getting razor. They also included extra goodies like Shannon's soap sample, a black pouch and a pack of Gillette Silver Blue blades.

I got a Superspeed from that guy.

It is my favorite DE razor.

It cost less than the price to have one plated,
so I think it was an unusual circumstance.

Life moves in circles, Sir… Razor Emporium has thousands of happy customers all over the world, including me
Some of the list of grievances against Razor Emporium can be explained away as simple mistakes. Not all. The shadiness of deliberately re-registering here, attempting to pass themselves off as someone else, with email addresses traced back to razor emporium is not one you can chalk up to a mistake.
Don't get me wrong. I believe in redemption. But... it's not a thing that just happens because life moved in a circle, whatever that means. Redemption requires the redeemed to participate in it.

Second round from Back Roads Gold is now live. As expected, the experience exceeded my expectations

Top Bottom