What's new

What Planner Do You Use and Why? (Pen & Paper ONLY!

I've been using one for about a month now called Panda Planner. You can get it on Amazon for about $20 or $16 on a 'Lightning Deal'. It has some worthwhile features. You write in your own dates/days so it can last a long time if you don't use it every day.

Cheers!

I have been using a little At A Glance 7-024-05 planner. It is good for two years and format is a large checkbook, or pocket size. It shows one month when opened and day fields are just large enough to note my work or appointment schedule, no room for any lengthy notes but in about six years have never needed any.

I just tried an old Day Timer refill and the fountain pen bleeds through. I bought a notebook at Office Max that is great for documenting but I need a calendar that is the same. I don't care how big it is

I use google voice assistant/Calendar on my phone because thats what I always have on me at all times, then at home hand write into my 15 year old Dayrunner, similar in size to the franklin covey slim. I wish there was an easy print out of G-cal for the Dayrunner, I've tried doing it years ago but found it to be too much of a pain in the ***. Walmart also has a great big Calendar ,that I love. I have 2 , one on the desk and other on the door.

I always used to get a free year planner - A4 sized hardbound diary from Singapore Airlines which I kept in my office and wrote in. Last year they stopped sending it out, citing the fact everyone uses a digital format of some sort.

I do still use a plastic wall planner, Staedtler brand, and put key work dates on that as I find it useful to see the year at a glance.

At home I have a calendar in the kitchen and write stuff there like out for dinner with XY&Z or business trips for one or the other of us and always keep them: have solved many a friendly argument as to did we go to this place in 2014? This year the theme is vintage French tourism posters...

Not a specific 'Planner' but a Journal is up to the task and can be used as such. Anyway, I got a "Dingbats Wildlife Medium A5+ (6.3 x 8.5) Hardcover Notebook - PU Leather, Micro-Perforated 100gsm Cream Pages, Inner Pocket, Elastic Closure, Pen Holder, Bookmark (Dot Grid, Blue Whale)". I use assorted Fine Liners and Tombow Brush Pens. Sometimes I use my Lamy 2000 but not as much as I would like. This Journal is resilient to bleed throughs, not a 100% but damn close...

I have been using a planner from lemome the last few years, tried about every “store” planner you can get. However, I have started saving them so I went standard sizing 5x8. In addition to my mind map, goals etc.. I have been logging weather and temps, for reading when I’m old lol. My wife uses the panda system. I have slowly introduced my kids to day planners, started them out with plain notebooks, then a generic journal. Bright colorful things with stickers and other things to make them fun. Now they have specific day planners for each of their levels, 1 elementary and 1 middle school planner. We all use disposable fountain pens. Oh and for auxiliary plans, that I don’t want to clutter my planner with I use a dry erase calendar, also the family writes on it for reminding me of stuff, like “I need money” :)

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm a Franklin Covey Planner person, for work/life planning. However, I've been using the Leuchtturm 1917 yearly planner for a shaving journal since 2015. Recently, I needed to get 2019's planner order in and as much as I like the Leuchtturm, I was getting a little bored with it. So I ordered a Hobonichi Techo Weeks planner instead. Each page is a week's view:
planner page.jpg

It is half the size of the Leuchtturm, 3.5" X 7", and different layout. But sufficient for the shave-related information I record daily. Just the spark I needed to keep the shave journal going and a reason to keep using my fountain pens.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm a Franklin Covey Planner person, for work/life planning. However, I've been using the Leuchtturm 1917 yearly planner for a shaving journal since 2015. Recently, I needed to get 2019's planner order in and as much as I like the Leuchtturm, I was getting a little bored with it. So I ordered a Hobonichi Techo Weeks planner instead. Each page is a week's view:
View attachment 916880
It is half the size of the Leuchtturm, 3.5" X 7", and different layout. But sufficient for the shave-related information I record daily. Just the spark I needed to keep the shave journal going and a reason to keep using my fountain pens.

The Hobonichi products are really a pleasure to use.

The Hobonichi products are really a pleasure to use.

Indeed. Along with the calendar portion, there are sixty nine pages just for notes. I devoted one to fountain pen entries, for the eight pens I currently have inked. Tomoe paper is extraordinary. I'm looking for the ink/pen combo that has the least ghosting/bleedthru and which has the most (so I can avoid that as a journal pen for Hobonichi).

This is what the ghosting looks like on my Hobonichi Techo using a Pilot Prera with a Medium nib and a cartridge of Pilot/Namiki Blue ink.

IMG_1312.jpg

I have a Midori Traveler's Notebook with three inserts. The first is lightweight paper (Tomoe River makes it) for journaling, the second is plain lined for creating task lists and writing down anything that catches my eye, the third is their weekly planner, which I use for social/service club planning. I do all my work planning via the outlook planner since it syncs with everything at work.

For the last couple of years I've been using the Nomatic Planner. It has a few features that I like, with plenty of room for notes.
The dates are blank, so you can start any time of the year you want.
It has a month at a view spread, then weekly spreads, then lined pages, and finally blank pages. 1 elastic loop for the book, one for the current month, and three bookmarks (current week, lined, blank).
I don't know what paper they are using, but it's nice, very little ghosting with most inks/pens I've used. And for the number of pages it includes, the price is extremely fair.

The Kickstarter Mint Green & Black Notebook Planner | NOMATIC

I am a long time Franklin Covey planner system user. I began using it in January 1986 and still have them all. I use it a little bit differently now than I have in the past.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am a long time Franklin Covey planner system user. I began using it in January 1986 and still have them all. I use it a little bit differently now than I have in the past.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I got a used one a couple years ago and love it. Really has helped organizing and helping time management.

Top Bottom