What's new

What Planner Do You Use and Why? (Pen & Paper ONLY!

A strictly functional, no fluff Bullet Journal. It is the best (for me) method/format. I don't create spreads very far in advance so I'm not wasting a bunch of time doing set up. Each monthly overview only takes a few minutes to create and I typically plan my work day the morning-of since my day-to-day priorities can shift pretty quickly. Anything beyond the day can go in the monthly overview or the future log and I create spreads for project planning, index them, and then thread them together as needed. Meetings are kept on my work calendar (Outlook, synced with Apple calendar on phone), but added to daily task list for quick reference.

Printed planners haven't been flexible enough for me and I lost track of future items/events/tasks too easily when using a running list mixed with notes in a regular notebook.

The Nomatic Summer Sale is going now, planners and notebooks %50 off...

https://www.nomatic.com/pages/summer-sale-2019

Notebook: $12.49, Planner $14.99

I love their minimalist wallet, too...
My son also took this. There are plenty of pages to jot down notes and also sketch if you want to. My only complaint is that a pen tends to bleed through some of the pages, so you have to make sure you write rather lightly to prevent this problem.

I just dumped my Hobonichi Techo in favor of the Bullet Journal format in a more generic notebook. So far so good, as the free form nature of BuJo seems more efficient and less judgmental about how I track the stuff I need to do.

I just dumped my Hobonichi Techo in favor of the Bullet Journal format in a more generic notebook. So far so good, as the free form nature of BuJo seems more efficient and less judgmental about how I track the stuff I need to do.
I really like the free form of the BuJo style... just a matter of finding a good notebook for that which stands up to the fountain pens well.

I really like the free form of the BuJo style... just a matter of finding a good notebook for that which stands up to the fountain pens well.

I got a Red & Black through the office to try it out and see if I liked it (I do). When I fill this up, I’ll either get a Rhodia or Leuchtturm (NOT their BuJo) A5.

I got a Red & Black through the office to try it out and see if I liked it (I do). When I fill this up, I’ll either get a Rhodia or Leuchtturm (NOT their BuJo) A5.
I've not had much luck with Leuchtturm holding up to wet writing nibs, or medium/broad sized ones. I often got bleed through. Rhodia usually does really well though.

I would second the Leuchtturm comment, its a pity because they make a good product apart from the paper, along with Moleskin, it is almost tempting to have a propelling pencil for Leuchtturm use.

I would second the Leuchtturm comment, its a pity because they make a good product apart from the paper, along with Moleskin, it is almost tempting to have a propelling pencil for Leuchtturm use.
I would even say they made good product, including the paper.. if you are using gel/ballpoint/pencil.. or a finer nib that writes on the drier side. It's definitely way better paper than is in most of the high school style spiral wire bound type notebooks, or loose leaf bulk stuff we get for 3 ring notebooks.

Top Bottom