What's new

What Pen are you waiting for?

Received my Sailor Professional Gear with M nib from J-Subculture yesterday. Filled it with Sailor Yama-Dori ink. Beautiful pen....

$image.jpg

strop

Now half as wise
Still waiting. Of course, my wife left home for 30 minutes Friday, and you guessed it. That is when the UPS truck came!:mad3: COD for customs duty, so I had to go get a Cashier's Check and hopefully she'll still be at home tomorrow when they try again. Grrrrr.

Jinhao 159... got an order in with Goulet (never, ever order anything online while having a cold and taking meds!!! that gets way out of hand:laugh:) that includes some other nice things... but only that pen for now.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
:lol: Lately, I just can't help myself!

I'm waiting on a 1950's Osmia/Faber-Castell 661 (14k OBB), a 1950's Lamy 27 (14k B), and a brown Aston Leather single pen slip.

Franklin-Christoph Pocket 66 in Ice finish with a 1.9mm Music nib. This will be my first music nib. Looking forward to laying down some nice lines.

I just received a Noodler's Flex nib on Friday and I am quite happy with its performance. I am awaiting a set of Zebra Comic nibs. I should be getting them on Tuesday if the mail does not mess things up.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
A Clear Kaweco Sport Classic (M), a Platinum Preppy (F), a bunch of bottles of ink, some ink samples, a replacement nib, a couple of leather pen slips, a leather pen case, a converter or two, and some empty plastic ink vials.

Cobalt Blue Balance II (stub), Aubergine Intrigue, Esterbrook CX-100 w/gold plated 3668 (but no sunburst design- never seen any like it), Blue shell Doric, Visconti Kaleido Voyager

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Cristof? If so I saw that one, it's early with hard rubber, correct nib, new cork. Careful with that one and congrats!

Cristof? If so I saw that one, it's early with hard rubber, correct nib, new cork. Careful with that one and congrats!

Yeah it's from Christof. I know the pen you speak of, but this is a different one. He's replaced the barrel, and swapped the cork seal for the later rubber style. The cap and mechanism are not as oxidized as the one I think you and I are thinking of. I wanted a work horse and he found me one. Eventually I'll spend more and get a minty 100.

I'm waiting on a Hero 329.
Why?
I wanted a dedicated BSB pen (although since reverted to my previous opinion that it's not worth the hassle). I've had a 616 before and it was okay with a little work. So why order a 329?
It's £0.99 delivered!. Less than a pound, for an entire reusable pen to my front door.

Actually I wanted the "Star Trek" hooded ones, but they were £6 and, well.... it's a Hero, so it's not worth the extra for me.

Top Bottom