What's new

What Pen are you waiting for?

Another Jinhao x750 (which will arrive in a month's time when I've forgotten about it (!!)) and a Waterman Laureat from the Bay to replace the one I lost.

Not a whole pen, sadly.
Just a "Schmidt K2 Standard International Converter", which got tacked onto a Fendrihan soap order.
I got tired of trying to see through a dark green Rotring converter.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Waiting for a Jinhao Medium nib Blue and White Porcelain with Blue Flowers to arrive. It is supposed to be in Australia. It cost a whopping US $1.85 off eBay.

The Visconti blue Divina
proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm waiting on a Moonman M600s in blue. It's a Parker Duofold clone, I like the squared-off look but my budget doesn't run to a new Duofold. I've read some good reports about Moonman pens, I'll have to report when it arrives.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I'm waiting on a Moonman M600s in blue. It's a Parker Duofold clone, I like the squared-off look but my budget doesn't run to a new Duofold. I've read some good reports about Moonman pens, I'll have to report when it arrives.
Cool. I’ve heard good things about Moonmans (Moonmen?) and other “high end” Chinese pens like PenBBS and LiveInYou. I hope you like it. The Duofold flat-top style is pretty iconic. It was copied by other pen companies even back in the day (i.e. Conklin Duragraph).

Cool. I’ve heard good things about Moonmans (Moonmen?) and other “high end” Chinese pens like PenBBS and LiveInYou. I hope you like it. The Duofold flat-top style is pretty iconic. It was copied by other pen companies even back in the day (i.e. Conklin Duragraph).

Yes, I've had some experience with the cheaper Chinese brands, but I find that I'm just not excited about writing with them in the way that I am with some of my more expensive pens. The noise about the more premium brands attracted my interest, and it's still quite economical to get a bit of the action.

The best looking pen I know of is a Duofold clone, the Onoto Magna Classic in tortoise shell. But I just can't justify over £450 for a pen, even one that looks damn nice.

A black Waterman Laureat. A man who runs a pen sourcing service claims that the Laureat is the most often requested pen.

Also 3 fake Parket Sonnets to see if they work as pens. I doubt that they will arrive.

The Laureat is a very nice pen - what nib will it have? The medium is what I have. If I was looking it would be for a fine next time.

Just won a made in Canada Parker 51 Vac in grey, nice feature is that the pen has a broad nib. Note the usual colour change between the blind cap and the barrel, usual for these light grey pens.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 4
The Laureat is a very nice pen - what nib will it have? The medium is what I have. If I was looking it would be for a fine next time.

The nib is a Fine, and it writes very well indeed. I had a green Laureat in the early 90s, this one looks very elegant in black.

Top Bottom