What's new

What Pen are you waiting for?

Orange inks have been my most recent purchases. I have the Inferno and Pumpkin from Diamine, I am probably going to have to add the Autumn Oak to the list. :)

proxy.php

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I have a serious obsession with Diamine ink (along with J. Herbin). Love your choices, I think you will be very happy with the Dark Forest.

I like the Dark Forest very much, except that on cheap newsprint (crossword puzzler here) and some off white paper, it is nearly identical to the Noodler's Black (wierd).
I'm waiting on 2 Pelikan M205s, 1 in Olivine (a beautiful green), 1 in Blue Marbled; 1 fine nib, 1 extra-fine nib (Don't remember which is which, but it doesn't matter, the nibs are interchangeable.

Already have a black M205 Medium nib with Diamine 1864 Blue-Black ink; I want to see how the Noodler's Black compares to the Diamine Blue-Black.
Well, wasn't I surprised when I looked closer at my "M205 Medium Nib"; I've had this pen for 12+ years and always thought that's what it was. It is actually an M200 with a Fine Nib. Just got the Marbled Blue M205 shipped from a dealer in Germany; they sent me an M200. Must be my lucky year.

captp

Currently awaiting 2 Pilot Metropolitans in ink appropriate colors. Also 2 bottles of ink and some accessories, Herbin Rouge Grenat (nicest red I've seen) and Diamine Imperial Purple.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I’ve got two orders out. The first is from Goulet. I already mentioned it in another thread, but what the hay. It’s a forest green Conklin Durograph with medium nib, a bottle of Monteverde Horizon Blue ink, a couple Clairefontaine notebooks, and some miscellaneous cleaning supplies. The second order is from Walmart.com, of all places, where I happened upon a great price on a black Kaweco Student with fine nib. That particular model really caught my eye. And since I’m in a Mr. Toad mania for all things fountain pen at the moment, I ordered it too. So I’m hoping two new pens with different nibs, on top of the Pilot Metro I got for Christmas, and a big bottle of ink should keep me busy for a while.

I’ve got two orders out. The first is from Goulet. I already mentioned it in another thread, but what the hay. It’s a forest green Conklin Durograph with medium nib, a bottle of Monteverde Horizon Blue ink, a couple Clairefontaine notebooks, and some miscellaneous cleaning supplies. The second order is from Walmart.com, of all places, where I happened upon a great price on a black Kaweco Student with fine nib. That particular model really caught my eye. And since I’m in a Mr. Toad mania for all things fountain pen at the moment, I ordered it too. So I’m hoping two new pens with different nibs, on top of the Pilot Metro I got for Christmas, and a big bottle of ink should keep me busy for a while.

That Kaweco is a nice classic looking pen! If I didn't already have 2 I was waiting on, that could have caused me to pull the trigger on it right then and there.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Ordered a Christmas present from Germany, the M205 blue marbled EF nib from Seitz-Kreuznach with the old historic 4001 royal blue ink bottle. First new pen in a good long while.

proxy.php

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I am a big fan of Rhodia pads and paper as well. They are my general goto brand when ordering notebooks and pads.
Dustin:
Write on.png
...just received my Rhodia lined paper/notepad...and I love it (can't put my pen down), marvelous for FP writing!

Also, thanx for the
Shout-out.jpg
, support and for sharing! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Never pick a fight with people who buy [paper] by the [case]". Mark Twain

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
'Nibañistas':
Again, while I didn't purchase writing instruments this month (I think I have enough...for now [wink]), I'm waiting on;

1) a antique style Rocking Ink Blotter. This reproduction desk ink blotter looks and feels like an old ink blotter from times long past. The blotter is hand crafted from hardwood, stained a beautiful antique finish (almost like my rollertop desk), and measures 4½in long, 2½in wide, 2½in tall and weighs less than 1lb. :thumbsup:

My Ink Blotter.jpg
My Ink Blotter - 1.jpg

2) 10 sheets (pink), of J. Herbin Blotter Paper Refills.

Ink Blotter Paper.jpg

proxy.php
"Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go". E.L. Doctorow

I ordered from Massdrop not one, but two Pelikan Jazz Elegance (M) fountain pens. One in black, the other white. $14.99 each including a package of six cartridges for each. They are supposed to arrive by Friday. (1/25)

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I've got an Esterbrook J inbound that I was hoping would be here today. But its not, so now I'm all antsy. Hopefully tomorrow (fingers crossed).

captp

If I press the checkout button tomorrow, there will be a Pilot Custom 823 Amber on its way to me.

I was doing some notes with my Nemosine Singularity, and decided I really wasn't into the fine nib on it. Went looking for replacement nibs, found them but they are like $15 each. Brand new whole pens are $20. Take a guess who has 2 new Nemosine pens on the way, one in broad, one in .6mm stub. lol

captp

Pilot Custom 823 Amber (by Wednesday)
Pelikan M600 Red/Black (by the 15th)

I swear these are my last pen purchases....for a month or two....I have my eye on an M800 Green

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Black Pelikan 140 with a broken fill knob coming in for repairs -- mid '50s to early '60s

Broken black 140.jpg

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Fellow 'Pensters':
Again, while I didn't purchase writing instruments this month (I think I have enough...for now [wink]), I'm waiting on a vintage (70’s perhaps?), MB Inkwell (w/o box).
proxy.php

It's in great condition and when received, I'll clean (if necessary), and re-fill this inkwell with black (permanent), ink and place in my roll-top desk. :thumbsup:

MB Inkwell - 2.jpg
MB Inkwell - 3.jpg
MB Inkwell - 6.jpg

Ink Pot.png
"Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the [gallon]". Mark Twain

Pilot Metropolitan, Gold, with medium nib.
The estimated delivery date is my birthday. :happybday:
Take a guess who has 2 new Nemosine pens on the way, one in broad, one in .6mm stub. lol
I have a 0.6 mm stub on my Nemosine Fission. Very smooth, and it's my EDC pen.
It doesn't have a lot of line width difference between vertical and horizontal strokes, just enough to give it a wee bit of character. You can get narrower horizontal strokes if you hold it a bit more towards vertical.

Last edited:
Top Bottom