What's new

What Pen are you waiting for?

I've got one of those Kaweco brass copies cominb from china. Ordered a fine nib for a few bucks. Should be here in a week or 2.

Pulled the trigger on a Conklin Durograph with a fine nib, a spare 1.1mm Stub nib to go in it, a surprise ink sample, a bottle of Montverde Amethyst, and the Art of Cursive Penmanship book.

Pilot Metro F Nib. I had my first fountain pen catastrophe over the weekend. Dropped mine on my hardwood floor nib down. My favorite pen. I have more expensive pens, but always come back to the metro as my go-to.

I'm loving the Kaweco sports I have (black with a fine and an ice red with a medium nib) so much I've put an order in for a sport in raw aluminium with a fine. The vendor had a great christmas deal on with a reduced price plus a further 15% off and free delivery. The price was so good I put 2 clips (chrome & gold) and a sport rollerball in the bourdeux colour. All in came in at £57 which is around $75. Not too bad as most vendors have the AL sport for around £50. So thats agood deal IMHO.

Been on a dry spell for this year, only acquired a few fun/cheap pen.

Looking to get my hand on the brown marble Pelikan M200 around Christmas. I just love their size and lightness for travel. Cheap enough to be used as a beater FP and nice enough to write for hour.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Update - November 2018:
Sent this pen back to MB for Service (and new extra-fine two-tone nib), and engraving. :thumnsup:

MY MB PENS -2.jpg
MY MB PENS -3.jpg

TOP - Vintage (1990’ circa), Meisterstuck Classic (black with gold trim), Rollerball Pen.

BOTTOM - Vintage (1990' circa), #144 Meisterstuck Classic Fountain (black with gold trim...extra-fine two-tone [14K 4810 rhodium-plated inlay] nib), Pen w/ 75th Anniversary Diamond Solitaire cap.

MY MB PENS -1.jpg
MY MB PENS.jpg

Fountain Pen Icon.png
“None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain pen or half it's ['pensations']; but we can try". Mark Twain

I got 3 of my affordable Chinese demonstrators & still waiting for my budget 50 ml black Hero ink to give 'em a spin. Total noob & just want to try the fountain pens because I HATE reaching for a dead ball-point pen that worked 2 days ago. Also ordered a 5 colour 60 ml ink set from Russia I'm still waiting on off the 'Bay

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I'm waiting on 2 Pelikan M205s, 1 in Olivine (a beautiful green), 1 in Blue Marbled; 1 fine nib, 1 extra-fine nib (Don't remember which is which, but it doesn't matter, the nibs are interchangeable.

Also waiting on 3 bottles of ink; 1x3oz. Noodler's Black (sometimes referred to as Bulletproof Black, but the actual name is just Black); 2x40ml (1.3oz.) Diamine, Recency Blue, Dark Forest. Hmm wonder which color ink I'll put in which pen?
Already have a black M205 Medium nib with Diamine 1864 Blue-Black ink; I want to see how the Noodler's Black compares to the Diamine Blue-Black.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well. The County Comm brass Embassy Pen.

Doubles as a kubotan; uses Space Pen refills ... lot to like.

AA

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Last edited:
proxy.php
My Fellow 'Peñistas':
Although I did'nt purchase writing instruments this month...I'm waiting on (it's 'pendemonium' around here until then), a Buxton Genuine Leather Writing Pad Folio (12 x 9),

proxy.php

A Rhodia Classic Orange (lined), Notepad 8-3 x11-7(love the quality and 'feel' of this paper),

View attachment 939463 View attachment 939464

And 2 boxes of MB Permanent Black Ink Cartridges (8 per bx...for my MB 144 FP).

View attachment 939461

proxy.php
"[...] There is something elemental about the glide and flow of nib and ink on paper." James Robertson

I am a big fan of Rhodia pads and paper as well. They are my general goto brand when ordering notebooks and pads.

Currently waiting on a Pelikan M205 Demonstrator, TWSBI Mini AL, and a bundle of 3 Clairefontaine My Essentials notebooks.

Also waiting on 3 bottles of ink; 1x3oz. Noodler's Black (sometimes referred to as Bulletproof Black, but the actual name is just Black); 2x40ml (1.3oz.) Diamine, Recency Blue, Dark Forest. Hmm wonder which color ink I'll put in which pen?

I have a serious obsession with Diamine ink (along with J. Herbin). Love your choices, I think you will be very happy with the Dark Forest.

I have a serious obsession with Diamine ink (along with J. Herbin). Love your choices, I think you will be very happy with the Dark Forest.

Diamine are great and affordable. Autumn Oak is a fantastic one for Autumn and Winter months. Beautiful shading.

Top Bottom