What's new

What other water stones should I get?

Personally I would want an 8k Naniwa to go between the stones that you have. Then I would add a 3k. After that I would get a 1k Naniwa Pro. And finally I would replace the King with a 5k Naniwa in that order.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
To me it depends on what you're doing. If you're buying eBay or antique razors and fixing them up I'd buy a bevel setter before anything else. If the bevel isn't done correctly, all the other stones are pointless. If you're maintaining razors you already have, you don't really need anything else, but I'd take a look at naturals if you feel the itch.

To me it depends on what you're doing. If you're buying eBay or antique razors and fixing them up I'd buy a bevel setter before anything else. If the bevel isn't done correctly, all the other stones are pointless. If you're maintaining razors you already have, you don't really need anything else, but I'd take a look at naturals if you feel the itch.

Yeah I'm fixing up straight razors from ebay. You have a bevel setter in mind?

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
You have a bevel setter in mind?
I use a Chosera 1k, but there are other options. The shapton pro 1500 gets good reviews these days. I have never used one, but the king 1k is said to be a good stone, it just needs to be soaked prior to using and needs to be lapped more frequently.
This thread might be a good read for you The Key

I had a King 1K a while back. Worked fine and was very reasonably priced. Moved up to a Naniwa SS afterwards. Still using it today. Very happy with its performance

Yes and no. The King did the job but it required a lot of pre-soaking. Maybe 20-30 minutes prior to use. Alsoit was a "muddy stone". Messy to use. The Naniwa is splash and go; much cleaner and cuts quickly.

Top Bottom