What's new

What Not to Do With a DE Razor

I tried installing two blades in my gillette tech with a spacer between the blades. The intent was to mimic a twin blade cartridge.

I can only imagine the carnage!
The obvious and needless question is?
Why not use a cartridge in the first place?
Yet again, somebody around here was gonna do it sooner or later!:taz:

Nothing new :001_302:
proxy.php

Italian Mvltiplex 5 blades razor (1930)

Please tell us the rest of the story. How was it? You obviously lived to tell about it!
Yes, I'd love to hear more as well!
Was it a blood bath? Did it shave at all? Is there now a spot on your face that'll never grow hair again?
So many questions unanswered!

I tried it once. It didn't work too well. I didn't get cut up though. I tried it using a Parker 65R razor and a blade I broke the blades off of (as a spacer). I do not recommend it!

I survived the ordeal, having just enough sense to not cut myself up too bad. But if a multiple blade arrangement has value, then the questoon becomes "why not?" That translates to why not now? And why not me? The tech's mild shave was the perfect razor to make the attempt. It was certainly more aggresive with two blades. C'mon now, I refuse to believe I am the only person to try this!

The trick to making this work is the spacer must be sufficiently flexible to mantain the general properties of the original razor, uniform thickness to hold the blades parallel, and of the right thickness to create a reasonable blade to blade spacing. Using a doubled matchbook cover met these criteria and provided a beter shave than using a single blade. I would encourage others to try this at least twice..

The trick to making this work is the spacer must be sufficiently flexible to mantain the general properties of the original razor, uniform thickness to hold the blades parallel, and of the right thickness to create a reasonable blade to blade spacing. Using a doubled matchbook cover met these criteria and provided a beter shave than using a single blade. I would encourage others to try this at least twice..
There's just something oddly mystical about this last sentence ...

Top Bottom