What's new

What Non-Firearm Item is in Your Vehicle for Self Defense?

A fellow in our community has a well trained Doberman Pinscher, that goes with him nearly everywhere, and is friendly enough when his owner is around. But when his owner goes into a store he leaves the windows of his pickup down, and you don’t even want try to the dog, let alone break in. :crying:

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
People with evil intent aren’t the only reason I like to sit facing the front door.
View attachment 1533031
EFDD01F5-3F43-4813-8298-699D8AB1B3DA.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
what non-firearm item is in your vehicle for self defense?

Nothing. I guess I would say my fists and my brain? If I’m in my car, and I feel my life is in danger I’m stomping on the gas. Don’t care if there is another vehicle in my way, I’ll just ram it. If I happen to run over the bad guy - good. Even with my firearm readily accessible I’m betting on getting the F out of there over engaging in a gun fight.

​

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Since my first truck I always had a business end of a broken canoe paddle. In my youth pulled over for speeding and the police saw the broken canoe paddle and never questioned it.
I had a friend in a Bible study that was shot for his wallet in Flint years ago. I can't believe I just remembered this. It was summer and his window was down. Seems like he was hit in his belly. He ended up dying after a few days. He just wasn't quick enough getting his wallet out I guess.

I ALWAYS have my cane in my vehicle, but it's not exactly short enough to swing around in the car. I honestly think I'm going to put big wrenches in my vehicles, up on the seat. I can't believe society is going to get more friendly in the next few years I may have left to me!

And I am not a fan of having my revolver sitting on the seat next to me, lol. Maybe I need one of those holster rigs that mount in your car? Anyone have one of those?

duke762

Rose to the occasion
I can't believe society is going to get more friendly in the next few years I may have left to me!

Shouldn't even have to think like this in a civilized society. I had recent run-in with a large, tough guy, man child bum. It really changed my outlook on a few things. Made me question a few tough guy concepts I had developed over the years. It made me realize that some folks are so messed up that they cannot be properly intimidated by display of a weapon. They are not afraid of a lot of things that us blessed, normal folks are. Breaks your heart to see all the wasted lives. Breaks my heart to have to live like road warrior. I hope man child finds some peace from the satellites he claims are watching him......

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Shouldn't even have to think like this in a civilized society. I had recent run-in with a large, tough guy, man child bum. It really changed my outlook on a few things. Made me question a few tough guy concepts I had developed over the years. It made me realize that some folks are so messed up that they cannot be properly intimidated by display of a weapon. They are not afraid of a lot of things that us blessed, normal folks are. Breaks your heart to see all the wasted lives. Breaks my heart to have to live like road warrior. I hope man child finds some peace from the satellites he claims are watching him......
I don't personally think there are more screwed up people now than there used to be.
I think that our society has gotten to a point where we are concerned and cater to the whims and desires of those screwed up people more so than we used to.

Legion

Staff member
Just be sure you ain't blocked in my friend.
I think (in the US at least) the main reason you might be attacked in your car is someone trying to steal your car.

Jacking a blocked in car would seem like a rookie mistake.

There will be exceptions of course. But if the assailant has a firearm, the moment you reach for yours in a car, it will probably go wrong. They have the drop on you, give them the car.

Unless your kid is in the back seat, then negotiate to get the kid out first.

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
I don't personally think there are more screwed up people now than there used to be.
I think that our society has gotten to a point where we are concerned and cater to the whims and desires of those screwed up people more so than we used to.
I do agree with that to a point, but I do think, for many reasons, people with a decreased level of empathy and conscience are on the rise.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I do agree with that to a point, but I do think, for many reasons, people with a decreased level of empathy and conscience are on the rise.
I agree with that sentiment. I believe it is for the very reason I mentioned.
An increased level of people speaking "their truth" rather than "the truth" has people focused inwardly on themselves, and paying lip service to folks who genuinely need help, and we just accept it. That's really part and parcel of what I meant in my previous post.
What about me, huh? What about me?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Trust me. Some folks should be in institutions. Some of them are. Not enough.

Or bring back the death penalty.

I had sometimes 4 generations of mental patients on my docket. If granny had been locked up she might not have been breeding with abandon.

Not guilty by reason of insanity doesn't mean the person that is not guilty shouldn't be kept away from the sane folks.

One major problem at least in my area, is that there are little, or no consequences for committing a crime. A few months ago some guy stole 3 cars in less than a month, and is still out walking the streets. When I was a young man if you were convicted of 'grand theft auto' you went to prison.
In the city near us, a person is only incarcerated if having committed a crime of violence. For the most part, they are booked, then released.
A police officer friend of mine told me that when he arrests someone. in many cases they are back out on the streets before he is done with the paperwork. Something is wrong with that picture! 😠

Last edited:
Top Bottom