What's new

what makes trumper's skin food so good?

I think it's one of the most overrated shaving products. If it didn't have the Trumper's brand name I don't think it would get much attention.

It has a nice scent.

I put it on very thinly and it seems to provide good moisturizing.

However, it is expensive and it is sticky if you put on too much.

I think it's one of the most overrated shaving products. If it didn't have the Trumper's brand name I don't think it would get much attention.

Agreed. It's decent as a moisturizer but I think it's pretty poor as an aftershave.

Each of the Skin Foods has a great scent, IMO. In the winter, I apply it on my wet face. It works like a good sealer against the cold, harsh winter morning air.

Gentlemen,

I use Trumper's Coral skin food, which is like sleeping in a soft bed of roses. The fragrance is lovely. Although I cannot give you a printout of the ingredients, I find it a delight as a shave balm. Fortunately the fragrance subsides quickly and does not interfere with the aftershave.

A little amount of it goes a long way, however. Still, the price is a bit steep. Although Trumper produces products of the highest quality, I feel they are overpriced all around. That's why, if the products are similar in some respects, I often reach for Taylor of Old Bond Street.

Regards,

Obelit

I've heard that Baxters ASB is similar as well. I have the Baxters (which I really like, although it smells like Fruit Loops) but not the Trumpers. Huge price difference. Of course, Corn Huskers is way cheaper than both....

Each of the Skin Foods has a great scent, IMO. In the winter, I apply it on my wet face. It works like a good sealer against the cold, harsh winter morning air.

+1

I must agree, I use it mostly in the winter myself for the same reasons. It gives great protection in the dryer air of Winter.

Top Bottom