What's new

What Makes Titanium DE & SE Razors Special?

For what it's worth, titanium has about 2x the thermal conductivity of steel. Aluminum has about 24x more thermal conductivity than steel and about 12x more than titanium.

Another aspect I love about titanium is that I don’t have to take the razor apart after each shave to prevent rust or staining like I do with stainless razors.

I have the CF Legacy Ti. I also have The Blackbird Ti (both Regular and Lite), Timeless Ti (both .68 and .95) and a Karve Overlander. If pressed to only keep one, it'd be a battle between the BB and the Legacy. I Iike them all though, with no intention of selling any of them.

The Legacy is almost as smooth as the Overlander or the Timeless .68, but more efficient. I'd say efficiency is between the BB Lite and Regular plate, closer to the Regular perhaps. It's easily a daily driver. I have very sensitive skin and can shave daily with the Legacy without issue ever. For me, I ride the cap and tilt slightly down to find the right angle. What's weird is it has a large blade gap and exposure. But due to the head design, it doesn't feel like it.
Great post. Thanks!

What Makes Titanium DE & SE Razors Special?

I now have direct experience with two sets of world class razors in both Titanium and Stainless metals.

Shaving with the Titanium Blackbird SB vs. the Stainless Blackbird SB, my face felt much smoother (not in the BBS sense - results are pretty much the same) and more relaxed than when I use the Stainless version. The Ti Blackbird just flat feels better on my face.

Now I have both the Titanium and Stainless Vectors. Same sensation. The Titanium Vector eclipsed its Stainless "Den Mate" after the first shave. Objectively equal efficiency, but my face absolutely prefers the post-shave face feel of the Titanium razor.

I'd appreciate feedback from others who have, and have compared, Titanium and Stainless versions of any razors out there, DE and SE.

Thank you. :)
I have had exactly the same experience with Blackbird Ti & SS, also same experience with
WR2 SS SB 1.25 and the Ti version in both cases the Ti was smoother

Great post. Thanks!
I have been borrowing a friend’s Chiseled Face Ti this past week.

Let me start off by saying I have owned Wolfman WR1 and WR2, Carbon CX, BB, Timeless, Yates, Henson, Tatara, and many other Ti razors. If it’s been made, I’ve probably owned it or tried it.

The Chiseled Face Ti is a stellar performer, almost as efficient as my Diamondback 2020, nearly as smooth as anything, just s pinch of blade feel, and efficient.

Completely underrated and under the radar, I want one bad…

@Calm_Shaver its a home run!

Top Bottom