What's new

What Makes This Place Special

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Many things make B & B unique among online forums. Here is one story. A year ago my lovely bride came home with a shaving mirror & stand. It fits nicely on my side of the bathroom & adds a nice touch.
View attachment 1525191

But the mug, obviously, isn't supposed to be there. It's supposed to be a silver bowl. I'd been looking for the right bowl & could never find one. Fast forward to mid-July of this year. I see a BST ad from @lancre & included in his ad is a pewter bowl that looks like it may work. We exchange PM's & discover the bowl will work! Yea!!!!! I tell him I want to buy it & ask how much he wants for it. His reply, "Trusting soul, aren't you?" So how much do I end up paying? Absolutely nothing! This gentleman, aka @lancre, tells me my shaving stand "looks like a worthy cause", & "Enjoy the bowl, and send me a picture when you've dolled it up and assembled the final project."

This type of friendship & camaraderie is uncommon when face-to-face. But online, quite uncommon! Thank you, Tom, I use your gift each day to soak my brush. I appreciate your generous gift, but more importantly, I value your spirit of helping a fellow traveler. I apologize for not getting the pics to you sooner.

Here it is, it's perfect! I didn't clean it up too much as it would not be fitting for an old piece to look all bright & shiny.
View attachment 1525194
Very nice! :001_smile

lasta

Blade Biter
Wonderful gesture with that bowl!
This place is very special. I belong to other forums related to other hobbies. I rarely go to any of them anymore. B&B is the place where I've found like-minded people that don't judge and are always friendly. Other forums always have that vibe of people trying to compete and groups within the forums that form their own clans. Clans that don't allow anybody in!
This is the only place that you can ask the same question a thousand times (obviously from different members) and you don't get the Snarky: "Didn't you use the search function?"
Folks, I don't know if you've noticed but the search function on every forum is garbage.
So guess what? Yes I used the search function and didn't find crap!
That's why I'm asking! 🤣
Everyone here wants to showcase and answer and help. So they'll happily list what "the best blade is" a thousand times just to help anyone out!
I'm happy I'm here and grateful that I landed here instead of joining some other shaving forum. Yes I Google searched the others back then and picked this one. It had the right vibe!
Again, I'm happy to be here even though I know I spend too much free time here, Lol!!
There are clans here too.

Arkoland, and those not in it.

That was a great story and kind gesture. This place is filled with fantastic and selfless individuals and I'm glad I get to see some of this generosity between members. It really makes me appreciate B&B more than I already do.👍

Top Bottom